News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Franklin47disneyguy

Iam going to enjoy ridding both the potter coaster and guardians. Yes guardians has nothing to do with EPCOT, but what does? The newest rides soarin, frozen and testtrack are the most populair. And the guardians movies are fun and I am sure they will create a fun ride and that when it opens most people will enjoy it.

Princess Leia

Is a large % of the cost of this particular project going to be associated with the exterior theme of this building?

Also, is there any truth to the potential addition of a drop track added to this ride as indicated above?
Thanks- Jack
I think you may be thinking of either Battle Escape (though the above responses are the first I’ve heard of any drops) or the HP Forbidden Forest coaster at IoA, which appears to have a backwards portion and a drop track

Epcot '92

On the topic of import permits, I know Disney sometimes works with multiple vendors to make a ride, but could these imports also be for the GotG attraction, or are these something else entirely:

Launch Coaster Parts (from Mack):
https://www.usaimportdata.com/us-import/shipment-of-40457346.aspx

Vertical Drop Device (from Zierer):
https://www.usaimportdata.com/us-import/shipment-of-42647195.aspx

The second one is certainly a bit more interesting... I don't believe Vekoma has ever put a vertical drop segment on any of their coasters, but Zierer has several times... would be really interesting/odd to see this considering the new Harry Potter coaster down the road almost certainly has a drop track as well...

That would point to Mack being the Supplier for Guardians as we already know Vekoma doing Tron... Or has Vekoma already been confirmed

45 peices of Containers, Pallets and Crates from Mack after all of the TSL was installed is very interesting.

matt9112

I think we should all be ready for that outcome lol

almost guaranteed right? universal has to please JK and has themselves setvthe bar high with the "most themed coaster ever" disney hasn't released much info on this ride. IMHO i feel disney is going to cash in on the guardians marquee and feel they can get away with a mediocre product as long as it is guardians....it happened once already.

ToTBellHop

almost guaranteed right? universal has to please JK and has themselves setvthe bar high with the "most themed coaster ever" disney hasn't released much info on this ride. IMHO i feel disney is going to cash in on the guardians marquee and feel they can get away with a mediocre product as long as it is guardians....it happened once already.
It better not be mediocre given its budget...

Bairstow

That would point to Mack being the Supplier for Guardians as we already know Vekoma doing Tron... Or has Vekoma already been confirmed

45 peices of Containers, Pallets and Crates from Mack after all of the TSL was installed is very interesting.
Vekoma was heavily suspected for Guardians because of announcements that the coaster would feature a brand new ride system, and Vekoma has been seen testing a new type of self-powered spinning coaster cars at its test facility. Also, if the recently delivered Vekoma products are for Tron they're going to need to sit around in storage for a year or two; Disney hasn't even begun site prep for that one. Meanwhile, Guardians has been vertical for weeks and is probably about ready for hardware installation.

Epcot '92

Vekoma was heavily suspected for Guardians because of announcements that the coaster would feature a brand new ride system, and Vekoma has been seen testing a new type of self-powered spinning coaster cars at its test facility. Also, if the recently delivered Vekoma products are for Tron they're going to need to sit around in storage for a year or two; Disney hasn't even begun site prep for that one. Meanwhile, Guardians has been vertical for weeks and is probably about ready for hardware installation.
Yeah I've been following the spinning car at the Vekoma Factory. Cool stuff.

But why would Disney order that much extra from Mack for "Launched Coaster"? Is all that extra stuff just for Slinky? Or is Mack making the ride vehicles with Vekoma supplying track?

Most likely it will be Vekoma from Disney's track record but this is interesting.

trainplane3

Yeah I've been following the spinning car at the Vekoma Factory. Cool stuff.

But why would Disney order that much extra from Mack for "Launched Coaster"? Is all that extra stuff just for Slinky? Or is Mack making the ride vehicles with Vekoma supplying track?

Most likely it will be Vekoma from Disney's track record but this is interesting.
That Mack stuff arrived on 18-5-2018 according to that site, so it's old. I'm pretty sure one or all of the insiders said it's Vekoma.

Kman101

I agree. I even think it enhances the look of Test Track, which is just a shiny aluminum can to me.

*ducks and runs*

The canopy is ugly as sin (the building isn't the best but could look a lot nicer if they wanted it to). Maybe they should move that tarp/canopy over to TSL. That could use some shade. They seem so adverse to it though. They couldn't even give TSL a proper gift shop in the land ... but I digress (like usual, lol)

Kman101

The best part of an attraction should not be the queue.

So much this.

I LOVE an immersive queue that sets up the ride but that shouldn't be the main part of the attraction. I know they seemed to really want a coaster in Epcot but I think GOTG could have served just as well by being a dark ride (though I don't begrudge them having a coaster, it could work and be fun, but coasters aren't the answer all the time). And we wouldn't have to have a god awful box taking up expansion space. Make GOTG a dark ride, put it in Tomorrowland (since DHS is getting Star Wars) and give Epcot TRON. But, nope.

Kman101

Totally agree, just remember that this ride was hated by a few from the outset, so nothing involved with this ride will ever be considered good.

To many on here change = bad, stagnation = good.

It's a little more gray that that with some (it's not they hate change, it's that what they're replacing with is either a cheap overlay or it's a waste of an IP that deserves better; but yes, some are dead set against IP no matter what - I can't say I blame them. Execution has been horrible), but I kind of LOL'd because you aren't far off. It can get kind of frustrating when people are so dead set against something no matter what. I'm not 100% sold or thrilled on everything they do or are doing but, personally I try to find a middle ground. If I'm never happy, what's the fun in that?

rreading

It's not like they can do much on a 2 minute launch coaster. The best part of an attraction should not be the queue.

It’s a bit tricky though. If we enjoy the queue, doesn’t that add to the ride? The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (clearly defined as an attraction) would be a fun queue and, while I’ve not waited in it yet, FOP apparently has a great queue. 7DMT also has an entertaining queue which would be pleasant were it not moving so slowly due to FP+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom