News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Stripes

Things have changed a lot over the last two and a bit years. There was a glimmer of hope, then some proposals that knocked it back to square one and beyond. I could have even just about stomached the original twin attraction for Energy. It wouldn’t have been EPCOT, could have been better than Epcot, but now the jury’s out again. IMHO of course.

I just pray they don’t screw up the spine or the plaza now the hotel seems on life support.
I just can't believe they haven't made up their minds yet. Do all projects involve this much indecision?

Casper Gutman

You know, that Nova building in MGM... as part of a larger Gaurdians area with shops and a couple smaller attractions... that would have been kind of neat, even with scale issues.

Also, given what happens to Xander in Infinity War, the whole thing is a bit of a downer. In fact, between Bing Bong at Pixar Pier and this, Disney has a weird new “attraction featuring characters who die horribly” thing going on.

Missing20K

Things have changed a lot over the last two and a bit years. There was a glimmer of hope, then some proposals that knocked it back to square one and beyond. I could have even just about stomached the original twin attraction for Energy. It wouldn’t have been EPCOT, could have been better than Epcot, but now the jury’s out again. IMHO of course.

I just pray they don’t screw up the spine or the plaza now the hotel seems on life support.

Lackluster DVC sales influencing decision?

retr0gate

I truly believe this ride could either make or break the future of Epcot. I know integrating an IP is already an immediate downside, but I do think that this ride could somehow fit in with the core values of EPCOT Center (and no, not because of the whole "Peter Quill went to Epcot in the 80's" gimmick). It seems like a lot of people believe that the general theme will revolve around a pavilion "sponsored" by the Xandarians so I'm hoping it retains the UoE name. "Universe of Energy sponsored by Xandar" or at the very least "Universe of Energy featuring the Guardians of the Galaxy." Wishful thinking, I know, but it'd be better than having 2 "Mission: _____" attractions right next to eachother...

tmstephe

Sorry if this is a stupid question - why is the show building being refered to as a “gravity building”? I assume it’s just a roller coaster term, but wondered if it was something specific to GOTG. Thanks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sorry if this is a stupid question - why is the show building being refered to as a “gravity building”? I assume it’s just a roller coaster term, but wondered if it was something specific to GOTG. Thanks.

It started with the RnRC's building. Once you launch the coaster, gravity takes over keeping it going, thus 'gravity building.'

smile

i've got my copy/paste answer around here somewhere ;)

oh well, anyways... here's the idea:

note the picture below... tunnels are the launch and return sections of the track, while the larger 'gravity' building houses all the funky track between launch and return -
the funky track section is a time when the train's forward thrust transfers from the launch to gravitational momentum by way of track designed to maintain it, thus the term.

might be easier to imagine if you envision the long, straight launch section as a lift hill with a drop right into the building - same exact thing...
and, as is in most coasters... after the drop - it's all gravity, baby!

Skibum1970

i've got my copy/paste answer around here somewhere ;)

oh well, anyways... here's the idea:

note the picture below... tunnels are the launch and return sections of the track, while the larger 'gravity' building houses all the funky track between launch and return -
the funky track section is a time when the train's forward thrust transfers from the launch to gravitational momentum by way of track designed to maintain it, thus the term.

might be easier to imagine if you envision the long, straight launch section as a lift hill with a drop right into the building - same exact thing...
and, as is in most coasters... after the drop - it's all gravity, baby!

That's a right ol' (Outer Limits) Flight of Fear there, with a racer photobombing. Interestingly, Firehawk is not there and thus dates this picture.

trainplane3

I want one!
Join the club. I've already asked someone on here before and shortly after the ride closed. Sadly, no luck. They couldn't even get something small from it for themself. I wanted a small piece of the mural or some of the mirrors. I have a feeling all the mirrors will be scrapped but it's been rumored half the mural was saved. Would've been neat to have a small square of the mural, especially if part of it was going to be trashed. Buuuuuttt...
Don't worry, I'm sure you can buy it in a Piece of Disney History pin.
I have a feeling this is going to be how it ends up. They just released a pin last year of WoM that had bits of a yellow chair in it...
"This PODH pin at WDW features a piece from the World of Motion attraction at Epcot! It contains a piece of the lawn chair from in the attraction, which closed on January 2, 1996 to make way for Test Track." Source: https://disneypinsblog.com/new-disney-pins-august-2017-week-3/
World-of-Motion-PODH-Pin.jpg

What a complete waste.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom