News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

Personal opinion only, but I wouldn't read too much into this "concept art". It looks like they took a stock photo of one of their other coasters (Maybe Disneyland's Space Mountain or something similar) and just photo shopped a new "skin" onto the train and a new background.
That is how the process often starts.

Incomudro

Man, I really seem to be in the minority on this one-but I found the Transformers ride to be hilariously awful. (Like-I was actually laughing at it.) Nothing but screens as far as the eye can see, and an unrelenting barrage of noise being thrown at you at all times, much like the source material. And it's all packed into one of the lowest-effort queues I've ever been through-switchbacks and concrete. The screens weren't even integrated well into the sets for my liking, and never once was my brain like "Yes, I'm in a real place right now. I hope Hugo Weaving saves the day."

I even read reviews of the ride online, and was shocked that people loved it, and were only too happy to wait in long opening-day lines multiple times.

For me, Transformers is the Spider-Man ride, done worse, and painted a slightly different shade of blue.

Again, I realize this is an unpopular opinion. I'm not bashing you, or anyone that enjoys this attraction. It's just not for me, or anyone I rode with for that matter.
When we went to Uni, my twin sons were 14.
I thought they'd love it, and while they are not Transformers fans per say - they are typical boys into typical boy stuff (Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) so I thought they'd be into Transformers.
Wrong.
Really wrong, despite my encouragement.
Transformers exemplified everything they didn't like about Uni.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
That is how the process often starts.

Oh, I completely understand/agree. I guess my point was simply that with initial art like this, you can't try to extract too much information (like restraint style, or spacing between cars). The zero car design is probably pretty accurate as is the general seating format (two across in a train consisting of multiple cars), but other details may not be as accurate.

montyz81

There is a rumor that the new attraction will be named "Infinite Universe". I don't know about you, but I can think of some ways they could make an attraction with that title both educational and informative. They probably won't, mind you, but they could.
That just sounds like some sort of backdoor tie in to Infinity Wars so they can tie to more then GotG without breaching any contracts.

aladdin2007

There is a rumor that the new attraction will be named "Infinite Universe". I don't know about you, but I can think of some ways they could make an attraction with that title both educational and informative. They probably won't, mind you, but they could.

I would rather see it called Guardians of Energy, but that isnt going to happen Im sure....true not likely, the bobs dont know how to do that and dont want it.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I don't think it NEEDS to be tied to Energy, but it could be done. But, at the end of the day, this is likely a coaster for the sake of having a coaster in Future World (like "needing" Rock n Rollercoaster at DHS). Let's see if they prove me wrong.
I think they are going to at least make an attempt to tie it to Epcot's theme with the queue and preshows. Whether it ends up being a half hearted attempt or they actually pull it off remains to be seen. I'm hoping for the latter but expecting the former.

tirian

When we went to Uni, my twin sons were 14.
I thought they'd love it, and while they are not Transformers fans per say - they are typical boys into typical boy stuff (Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) so I thought they'd be into Transformers.
Wrong.
Really wrong, despite my encouragement.
Transformers exemplified everything they didn't like about Uni.
A typical Uni attraction:

Watch out!
Oh no!
Here it comes!
Aaaaaaah!
Hold on!

Jump, jump, bounce, jerk.

_caleb

I just posted the vid, I'm not his dad. My guess ADHD meds. Sweet!

He has been doing this since he was like 14. Pretty good production values for being so young. Awesome!

I like/hate how he ends every segment with a one-word exclamation! Stay tune for his next video. Cool!
Oh, ok. I figured maybe it was a thing to talk like that. Like he was imitating someone or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom