News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

RSoxNo1

I just don't see how this could possibly connect to Epcot's themes. Makes me very annoyed that James Gunn would even go so far as to say it perfectly encapsulates Walt's vision......
Peter is visiting Epcot as a place that he remembered fondly as a kid. He's using an infinity stone as an endless supply of power. It's mediocre but based on what we know so far that sounds like it's on par with what to expect.

An approach I would prefer would be to abandon the energy theme all together and have the coaster part be a pseudo love letter to Classic EPCOT Center. They could take the Time Stone from Dr. Strange and visit old pavilions on the coaster.

RSoxNo1

Me too.

But the cost for both is waaaay more.
So, the height of the building is 133 ft, we don't know the dimensions. We had heard the cost of this attraction could be in the $300-350 million range. Figure in $50 million for the coaster track. Let's say hypothetically that they wanted to do floor to ceiling screens on some parts of the building. They could make a 200 ft stretch of wall, 133 feet high out of iPhone X's for $242.7 million if they pay full retail.

I should note that this does not include 242,992 cell phone plans. I assume they could get a couple of family plans to cover some of the additional costs.

Frizzball

A few pages back people were arguing that it was a bad choice to add another thrill ride to that side of the park and now you're all up in arms because it's family friendly? Both HP rides over at Uni are family friendly but they're still some of my favourites in Orlando. Having n inversions and a slower pace doesn't immediately ruin the appeal. Can we wait until we actually have concrete details and know what to expect before we freak out?

999th Happy Haunt

Are we sure there’s not going to be any animatronics in the pre-show rooms? I doubt they could get away with just having flat projections in a room that guest would be in for a while and where the characters would be seen from all angles, especially when mission breakout has an animatronic in it’s pre-show rooms.

GlacierGlacier

On one hand I hope to have an original soundtrack for this ride. On the other I expect "1980s greatest hits".
It'll probably be a bit of both. I'd expect Giaccino to score it, as it'd be his third (I think, maybe more) disney coaster soundtrack. On top of that, they'd probably mix in the 80s stuff a la Mission Breakout.

Jones14

Feather and Martin said that NT didn’t get the queue description quite right, so i’m assuming that we will at least be getting animatronic figures in the Milano preshow (Rocket and Groot would be my guess).

sedati

At least the coaster is being described as "lengthy." Which may become even moreso if there are stops involved (ala Gringotts.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom