News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
to be fair is it not true that slowly the board has been groomed to agree with the current vision of the parks? are any of them actually Disney fans period. not that I want some random fan running the corp but I doubt they have any dog in the fight except stock holdings. have they ever used FP+ do they ever wait in line? or experience the park without an adjoining entourage period? the answer is no no and finally no. so you are correct that alot of opinions are taken into account but if there all the same does it even matter?

An insider gave us insight on how decisions were made.

You ask twenty questions for which you have no proof or insider knowledge and then draw a conclusion.

I know which I'll regard as the current reality.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
An insider gave us insight on how decisions were made.

You ask twenty questions for which you have no proof or insider knowledge and then draw a conclusion.

I know which I'll regard as the current reality.
raf,750x1000,075,t,9ec0d5-0d26d5c715.u1.jpg

shortstop

From Blog Mickey...

"We’ve heard that the gravity building for the Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster will be a massive 11 stories tall, and that the ride system will be unique for a Walt Disney World roller coaster."

I think this sounds like it could be awesome...
Dang. How tall is the existing UOE building?

Maybe this will be an awesome rollercoaster, and I'll keep an open mind, but I am highly skeptical of being "wowed" by a rollercoaster with basically no show scenes in Epcot. Maybe this is something I'll have to get over, but no matter how great the ride is, I don't think I'll get off it saying "I was wrong, I am glad they put this in Epcot!".

FigmentForver96

From Blog Mickey...

"We’ve heard that the gravity building for the Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster will be a massive 11 stories tall, and that the ride system will be unique for a Walt Disney World roller coaster."

I think this sounds like it could be awesome...
Oh yea I can only imagine how that 11 story building will compared to the other Future World pavilions :rolleyes:

cjkeating

I would really like this to be a Mack powered inverted coaster... it would fit the family friendly remit and be unique to a Disney park.

ogryn

Okay Slinky dog is Mack, RRC is vacoma? BTM is also vecoma...I think maybe inteman?

Disney have used a variety of manufacturers, B&M being the big notable exception for steel. Vekoma seem the most popular.

Matterhorn Bobsleds - Arrow
Space Mountain WDW - Arrow
Space Mountain DL - Dynamic Attractions (for the re-track)
Space Mountain DLP - Vekoma
Space Mountain HKDL - Vekoma
Expedition Everest - Vekoma
Primeval Whirl - Reverchon
Big Thunder Mountain - Dynamic Attractions (DL), Vekoma (Tokyo, DLP), Arrow (FL)
Big Grizzly Mountain - Vekoma
Tron - Vekoma
California Screamin' - Intamin
RC Racers - Intamin
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril - Intamin (Pinfari Design)
Raging Spirits - Intamin
7 Dwarves Mine Train - Vekoma
Slinky Dog - Mack
Barnstormer - Vekoma
Casey Jr - Vekoma

rd805

Dang. How tall is the existing UOE building?

Maybe this will be an awesome rollercoaster, and I'll keep an open mind, but I am highly skeptical of being "wowed" by a rollercoaster with basically no show scenes in Epcot. Maybe this is something I'll have to get over, but no matter how great the ride is, I don't think I'll get off it saying "I was wrong, I am glad they put this in Epcot!".

I really hope for some scenes. Gringott's Bank and the Mummy are perfect ways to take some thrill out of the actual 'rollercoaster', but also make it a longer attraction with amazing new technology. The queue will have to be something like Flight of Passage. This project has me excited, i just wish somethings could be fast-tracked. We are still 2 years until Star Wars aye haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom