News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

At least he was willing to give the go ahead on projects like Living Seas, Wonders of Life, Norway, and Morocco in his early years.
Morocco and Living Seas were not Eisner approved and I imagine negotiations with the sponsors for the other two started even a little bit before his arrival.

Last edited:

HMF

Should we take that original UOE logo on the refurb sign as a hopeful sign or a cynical slap in the face? I am thinking the latter.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Should we take that original UOE logo on the refurb sign as a hopeful sign or a cynical slap in the face? I am thinking the latter.

All the FW pavilions have kept their original logos somewhere in new iterations of attractions within them.

But if you want to do what you always do, that is take the most negative interpretation possible, then you're welcome to stew in it.

EricsBiscuit

Go ahead and vote, but I'd only be taking the crown from you. Seriously, wow.

Explain to me though how Disney isn't completely throwing their hat in the "ride the movies" ring that Universal branded back in the 90s?? Clearly Disney will always have superior quality to Uni, but the sentiments of both of their parks are strikingly similar, and Disney shows no signs of slowing down that train.
Actually we've had ride the movies since a FL full of crappy book reports and a couple unique stories in 1955. Michael Eisner pushed it hard from before Star Tours till forever. It was a successful concept that helped turn DL into a park that you weren't bullied for saying you went to at school.

Edit: I'm not saying it fits Epcot, just that it worked for DL and the concept has been there before.

lazyboy97o

Actually we've had ride the movies since a FL full of crappy book reports and a couple unique stories in 1955. Michael Eisner pushed it hard from before Star Tours till forever. It was a successful concept that helped turn DL into a park that you weren't bullied for saying you went to at school.

Edit: I'm not saying it fits Epcot, just that it worked for DL and the concept has been there before.
Almost none of Disneyland’s attractions that were based on a film would be built with today’s decision making process. These attractions also made up a minority of Disneyland attractions and became less and less of a focus over the following decades.

EricsBiscuit

Almost none of Disneyland’s attractions that were based on a film would be built with today’s decision making process. These attractions also made up a minority of Disneyland attractions and became less and less of a focus over the following decades.
Star Tours, Indy, RSRs and so many more were built.

rocketraccoon

Coming at you live! The fountain has been drained and planters have gone up. People in high visibility vests are walking around near the right of the pavilion.

20170818_095248.jpg
20170818_095314.jpg

Prince Thomas

The speakers in the area are now playing the regular Innoventions loop as well.

For some reason Wonders of Life has its ropes down and the doors open, but it isn't open for Food & Wine yet. People seem to be going in and getting told to leave. No idea why the ropes are down.
Probably prepping for it tho since it's right around the corner or so i would assume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom