News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

montyz81

Backstage markers are in place.
backstage markers for what? The new ride? I thought they didn't even know what it was going to be?
Is it possible that some of the queue for the new ride could use the traveling theater? It would be so cool if they integrated that into the ride somehow and leave the dinosaurs while they are at it. I know, I know... I am grasping at straws. Epcot Center is dead. "They have just begun to stop dreaming"!
It's time to head over to Yesterland.com and see all the new additions!

Donaldfan1934

We were all making jokes, "what if Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Nye walk out right now?"
If that happened, Disney would've broke the Internet. But even if that was too much to expect of two high profile celebrities, they should've at least acknowledged the closure in some way. Last I checked, there wasn't even a tweet from either one of them.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wait? It broke down on the final ride? Lol I would be devasted. I bet Ellen and Jamie keep are laughing all the way to the bank
The second to last ride had a ride vehicle battery go down so auto E stopped as it was leaving theatre two.

This of course caused the pack (the last ride) about to leave diorama one holding to also auto E stop.

montyz81

Guardians? They know what it will be. So do we.

Yes, markets for the guardians extension. As of today.
Sorry, may bad. I thought I read somewhere that most of the ride wasn't 100% confirmed in terms of what they were going to do. There were ideas, but they hadn't all been signed off yet.

Figments Friend

Am I the only one who thinks they did this on purpose. I mean, what are the odds that the final ride-through of a 45 minute attraction just happens to break down in what is by far its most beloved segment?

I was going to say something about this last night....so you are not the only one who is thinking this.

I suspected at the time that this might have been a pre-planned 'magical moment' for the die hard fans that waited in that seperate line for the honor of having the 'last ride'.
Cast may have pulled this off...or it might have come from above them.
Even if it really was a unplanned breakdown ( one of the traveling theaters was known for having a bad battery pack ) the fact the Cast let them enjoy the prehistoric scenery up close was terrific.

Seriously, even though they only got as far as the diorama any UOE fan worth their salt would jump at the chance to be able to walk around in that historic room and be allowed to look over everything.

I personally thought that was a really nice gesture...and a really cool way to 'end' it's run.
Have it end with those who cared about it savoring it in a unique way.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom