News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

RSoxNo1

I predict there'll be UoE easter eggs all over this thing. Just look at what they did with MB.
I don't think it should be just UoE easter eggs, it should be Epcot pre-1996 easter eggs.

They really could have a ridiculous amount of fun with the Guardians characters going back in time and dismantling bits of EPCOT Center as part of one of Rocket's plans. There are a lot of possibilities there where I sincerely hope the "Peter Quill went to Epcot" line isn't just lip service.

RSoxNo1

Wouldn't that be jarring though to see, for example, an easter egg about Kitchen Kabaret? Or Maelstrom? It would all have to be down to context.
Maelstrom wouldn't make sense actually. IIRC Peter Quill is taken in 1988. But I could see Rocket taking the engine out of Dreamfinders vehicle, repurposing the Horizons butler, or integrating the progress city model. There are a lot of possibilities here.

Last edited:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Maelstrom wouldn't make sense actually. IIRC Peter Quill is taken in 1986. But I could see Rocket taking the engine out of Dreamfinders vehicle, repurposing the Horizons butler, or integrating the progress city model. There are a lot of possibilities here.
That would also be a lot to accomplish on a roller coaster.

shortstop

I'd be skeptical of a whole build-around...but maybe the references will be more obvious.
Especially since classic Epcot has been gone for decade(s) whereas TOT directly preceded MB as an immensely popular attraction (wich UoE was NOT). But yes, one can only hope! And I do hope I'm wrong.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Especially since classic Epcot has been gone for decade(s) whereas TOT directly preceded MB as an immensely popular attraction (wich UoE was NOT). But yes, one can only hope! And I do hope I'm wrong.
I'm just hoping its not a ghastly abomination of an attraction and adheres even slightly to Epcot's actual vision and not just the made up vision the current management has in its head, aka IPcot.

RSoxNo1

We know why they're in Epcot. They're there because Peter Quill remembered it, presumably from a trip that took place in 1987 or 1988. It's not far fetched to assume that he would be upset that some of his favorites aren't there. If they're using the Dynamix SFX coaster, they could play with the Time Stone and leave a path of destruction in their wake.

There is a way to do this that's true to the Guardians and fits into Epcot.

shortstop

We know why they're in Epcot. They're there because Peter Quill remembered it, presumably from a trip that took place in 1987 or 1988. It's not far fetched to assume that he would be upset that some of his favorites aren't there. If they're using the Dynamix SFX coaster, they could play with the Time Stone and leave a path of destruction in their wake.

I agree with this entirely, but my concern is that just because Peter Quill remembers '80s Epcot doesn't mean Joe Schmoe who visits the park in 2021 is going to remember (heck, even be aware of) '80s Epcot. Which would leave the ride as a head-scratcher to most (even if people like us would love it).

Hatbox Ghostbuster

So...Disney wants to cannibalize an original attraction to fit in an IP whose premise would be that the main character is disgruntled Epcot isn't as great as it once was, so let's go back in time and bring it back to how it used to be?

Sorry, my head hurts a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom