News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Rodan75

>EPCOT needs new rides! It hasnt gotten any love in years!
>EPCOT gets 2 new rides
> Why does EPCOT need 2 new rides BASED ON IPS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It boggles my mind how people can get angry that this park and that park isnt getting any improvements and then when said park IS getting improvements, they get even MORE angry. If all the parks never added or subtracted rides and they had the same ones throughout their entire lifespan, that would get pretty boring.

Well. We've seen it before. Some of these same ppl will be first in line for the new attraction and calling it a new age of theme park design when it opens (some, not all). Or will be "I guess they didn't ruin Epcot after all".

This is a big change and Epcot purists need to take time and process this. I'm one of the people that felt a real connection to FW when I was a kid. But the last time I visited as a 'kid' was 1995, then when I went back in 2007 and saw the condition it was in. I hated it, I was/am still mad at those that let the park rot, and I mourned it.

So now I'm ready for a re-envisioned Epcot and as long as it is executed well, I'm on board. I think it is a minority of a minority of folks that felt that connection to the original FW. A vocal group, to be sure, but a small group.

becca_

Shouldn't we be *happy* that they aren't leaving Ellen's to rot? or closing it indefinitely without a plan? or turning it into a festival center?

Yes sure, an original energy attraction with no IP would be amazing, but I think having GoTG is better than leaving it alone, never updating or doing anything with the building/attraction inside.

Wishing Star

I do want Marvel in the Parks but does a Guardians even fit EPCOT? If the theme of the story that they are making fits with the ideals of the park than fine, if not than it shouldn't be there. Time well tell, as they haven't given us any info on what to expect.

The_Jobu

Shouldn't we be *happy* that they aren't leaving Ellen's to rot? or closing it indefinitely without a plan? or turning it into a festival center?

Yes sure, an original energy attraction with no IP would be amazing, but I think having GoTG is better than leaving it alone, never updating or doing anything with the building/attraction inside.

No, we shouldn't be happy the greatest theme park company on Earth, with all its creativity and resources, is lazily shoving in an unrelated outside IP into what was once their most cohesive and inspiring educational theme park.

We should be grumpy and cranky and sarcastic.

becca_

No, we shouldn't be happy the greatest theme park company on Earth, with all its creativity and resources, is lazily shoving in an unrelated outside IP into what was once their most cohesive and inspiring educational theme park.

We should be grumpy and cranky and sarcastic.
To each his own! My view is more optimistic - wait & see, hopefully they provide more details about the ride soon. Sorry for your loss - although I'd argue you lost your version of Epcot a long time ago.

jaxonp

Respectfully, you could always go and find one of many pixie dust driven forums where everything is wonderful and every change is for the better.

That isn't the point. Discussion is fine and all, when it adds to reality, but it becomes hard to enjoy this forum when all you read is complaint after complaint from the same group of posters. You could literally look at these posters history and see the negative tone, post after post. It's sad that we collectively can't find something to be happy about, even after all that was announced yesterday. I personally don't like that GMR is changing and I don't see why GOTG is going to EPCOT, but I don't talk about it everyday as if it's my entire devoted life's mission. I do however want to discuss what is coming, how it effects the change, what X will look like, what Y ride system will be, what Z restaurant style of food will be and it's hard to do that when you read is.. "this isn't my epcot" & "Disney is ruining "MY" epcot" & "this isn't the sticking to the original idea of epcot" yada yada yada... Good lord, it's on every thread. We get it, some of you don't like it. Can we talk about the attraction coming to EPCOT now? Just trying to stay on topic.

Castle Cake Apologist

I want you to read your first paragraph again. Then I want you to remember that we're talking about Disney, the largest media conglomerate in the world. I absolutely refuse to accept that I should just be happy that one of the wealthiest corporations in the history of the world didn't leave an attraction to rot. How absolutely insane is it that we've even gotten to a point with this company where a person would even have to type that first paragraph.

LorangeJuice

The problem is people dont like change, even if it's for the better or for the worst. Universe of Energy was a part time attraction anyway, so I dont see the issue with creating a new attraction that will actually eat up some of the crowd year round.

I'm not sure you're reading your audience. EPCOT Center was designed to change. In fact, the promise was that it will always be changing.

EPCOT fans are the most open to change. We are not happy when it stagnates nor when it changes for the worse. That's because either way, through stagnation or the insertion of (other entities') IP for IP's sake, the park ceases to inspire. If we're not consistent, I don't know who is!

becca_

I want you to read your first paragraph again. Then I want you to remember that we're talking about Disney, the largest media conglomerate in the world. I absolutely refuse to accept that I should just be happy that one of the wealthiest corporations in the world didn't leave an attraction to rot. How absolutely insane is it that we've even gotten to a point with this company where a person would even have to type that first paragraph.
Consider the alternative though, that's all I'm saying. Yes it's insane to even think they could have (and have in the past) shut it down and ignored it for a few years/decades/forever. I don't expect that from Disney but it's happened before, hasn't it?

FettFan

It's not that they are adding rides. It's what they are doing with said rides. Most people upset about this change are happy the parks are getting money, they just don't like how that money is being spent.

I love Guardians. Does it fit in Epcot? No.

People are upset because Future World isn't about science fiction. It's about science.

GotG would have been great as a 5D show in the Magic Eye Theater as part of an Imagination overhaul.

Castle Cake Apologist

Consider the alternative though, that's all I'm saying. Yes it's insane to even think they could have (and have in the past) shut it down and ignored it for a few years/decades/forever. I don't expect that from Disney but it's happened before, hasn't it?

Yes, and the more people sit here and take their asinine decisions, the more stuff like that will happen. Seems Wonders of Life is still just sitting there rotting, can't imagine why they couldnt have some something with that space.

PizzaPlanet

It does beg the question of why Ellen needs to close so soon--I would imagine that is more due to pressure to get the ride offline (partially from Ellen herself) and put up a construction wall.
Why does Ellen care lol? It would be even better if they brought back the original UoE for a little while before closing for those of us who never saw it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am struggling to see how the entire building can just be que and load and unload. The current building is huge!
The current ride has no queue, and we know that anything new will require a huge line capacity. Just look at Flight of Pasage. They had to build 4 hours of interior queue. It would be very easy to see the majority of the existing space used for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom