News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Castle Cake Apologist

Yes, it looks to be a Star Blaster: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Blaster

"The Star Blasters are capable of creating an energy barrier by linking to adjacent ships."

That seems pretty relevant to an energy pavilion.

View attachment 215811

In what way? Because they create a barrier made from "energy"? That doesn't relate to the energy crisis on earth in any way. Epcot is not a place for sci-fi, that's literally the function of Tomorrowland.

The_Jobu

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
In what way? Because they create a barrier made from "energy"? That doesn't relate to the energy crisis on earth in any way. Epcot is not a place for sci-fi.

True ... but they may still be able to tie the story into our energy crisis. After all, what do Ellen and Jeopardy have to do with the energy crisis on Earth? And in the future we may be able to create energy barriers. This is Future World after all. ;)

Castle Cake Apologist

True ... but they may still be able to tie the story into our energy crisis. After all, what do Ellen and Jeopardy have to do with the energy crisis on Earth? And in the future we may be able to create energy barriers. This is Future World after all. ;)

Lol I'd say that's tenuous at best. Look, I really hope that we're all wrong and that this will still be an attraction that challenges and inspires. I seriously doubt it, though.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
>EPCOT needs new rides! It hasnt gotten any love in years!
>EPCOT gets 2 new rides
> Why does EPCOT need 2 new rides BASED ON IPS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It boggles my mind how people can get angry that this park and that park isnt getting any improvements and then when said park IS getting improvements, they get even MORE angry. If all the parks never added or subtracted rides and they had the same ones throughout their entire lifespan, that would get pretty boring.

Kman101

@rudyjr13 This attraction is perfect for DHS. I'll even say I'd rather have them switch this for TRON and place Guardians in TL, which is more about Science Fiction than futurism. TRON is sleek, cool and futuristic. The music is EPCOT, the concept and style is EPCOT. Loud, obnoxious fun with heavy merchandising is MK. Don't even care about the similarities to TRON Track at this point

Yep. Tron would have worked better in Epcot and Guardians in Tomorrowland, which is now the Sci-Fi catch-all. I'm glad we're getting these rides but the placements (along with the placement of Runaway Railway) are wrong which while on one hand I'm excited about the rides, it's lessened by where they are going.

Horizonsfan

In what way? Because they create a barrier made from "energy"? That doesn't relate to the energy crisis on earth in any way. Epcot is not a place for sci-fi, that's literally the function of Tomorrowland.

You could easily talk about smart grid technology and really how any system increases in power as it grows in scale. It's a reach, but it can still teach Joe Q. Public and his kids.

I'm willing to give this a shot if they infuse the preshows with edutainment...They sort of did this with FoP with a throwaway explanation of keystone species.

FigmentForver96

>EPCOT gets 2 new rides

It boggles my mind how people can get angry that this park and that park isnt getting any improvements and then when said park IS getting improvements, they get even MORE angry. If all the parks never added or subtracted rides and they had the same ones throughout their entire lifespan, that would get pretty boring.
If by now you are unable to see what the problem is, then it's really not worth explaining.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
And it boggles my mind how people can ignore the obvious reasons people are upset about theme breaking "improvements". But please, go on purposefully misinterpreting the thread.

Oh I see why everyone is upset, because an IP doesnt fit the vision of an EPCOT that was created several decades ago. But things change, visions change. Again, theme parks can't stay the same forever.

FigmentForver96

Oh I see why everyone is upset, because an IP doesnt fit the vision of an EPCOT that was created several decades ago. But things change, visions change. Again, theme parks can't stay the same forever.
Except Bob said the vision wouldn't change, that they wanted to honor and hold dear the vision of Epcot. The original Epcot. So really the ride becomes an even more slap in the face when they push it that way.

Kman101

No reason people can't be excited by this coming. It's in the wrong park, but other people don't view the parks the same as some of us do. No one needs to be called unintelligent or a pixie duster here. It's a shame some don't understand or have that attachment to the old Epcot but the fact is, some just don't so they are going to be excited by this. I get it. I don't like the placement at all but it's coming and it is what it is at this point. Epcot Center as it was has been dead a long time. I'm disappointed they don't get it and haven't given us great attractions like WoM and Horizons again but, again, Epcot Center as it was has been dead for a long time.

Basically it's OK to be mad about the change and it's OK for others to be excited about it :)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
So then it doesn't boggle your mind. So then you didn't contribute anything earnest to the discussion. Great.

So we will continue being upset while we consider your counterpoint of "dont be upset because it's already broken".

I said it boggles my mind that people have complaints about wanting new things then complain when the new things arent the ones they want. That statement isnt exclusive to what is coming to EPCOT.

Lora Baines Bradley

>EPCOT gets 2 new rides

It's not that they are adding rides. It's what they are doing with said rides. Most people upset about this change are happy the parks are getting money, they just don't like how that money is being spent.

I love Guardians. Does it fit in Epcot? No.

People are upset because Future World isn't about science fiction. It's about science.

The_Jobu

I said it boggles my mind that people have complaints about wanting new things then complain when the new things arent the ones they want. That statement isnt exclusive to what is coming to EPCOT.

You don't understand why people complain when they are given things they dont want? If you said you want a great meal like you used to have and I gave you a tin of cat food, would you understand why you would be upset?

Castle Cake Apologist

>EPCOT gets 2 new rides

This isn't really a hard concept.

Epcot. Needs. More. Rides. That. Fit. Into. The. Purpose. Of. Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom