News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Movielover

Then please do share how Disney’s direction is philosophically different.

Pardon me while I sum up everything with one image.

Scream%21_queue_view.jpg

GeneralKnowledge

So since he experienced it in its previous glory, can we assume that Peter Quill is also disappointed to see what has become of EPCOT Center?

Seriously though, the cognitive dissonance involved in destroying a legacy while appealing to memories and nostalgia is amazing.

That's great! It would be quite redeeming if that was the underlying theme. It would almost excuse Bob's statement about it adhering to the original vision of Epcot.

Dapper Dan

It was more of, how can a human possibly believe that an attraction based on an IP that Disney didn't create is somehow "more Disney" than one with things designed by people hired by actual Walt, who worked on actual Disney films, and included a prehistoric diorama scene inspired by an attraction from the Walt era that Walt himself narrated. It's kind of hard to get more Disney than that, but I guess photoshopping a kid in front of Spaceship Earth does the trick.

STITCHGEFAN

I'm caught in two minds on this one. I think a coaster in each park is necessary, so this is great news in that sense. But I don't think it should be at the expense of something so important to EPCOT's initial values.

It's blatant that something needed doing with UoE, but this? Most I know just wanted it to be an updated show, the same goes for CoL in The Land.

The frustrating thing is that FW has the spine of a great, modern feel with SE, MS, TT, and Soarin.

Then again, it's not like FW is crammed full of IPs, is it? There's Nemo, which is one part of a land that has more meaning. So long as the inevitable redevelopment of Figment sticks with the core principals of EPCOT, I don't think FW is in danger of losing its identity.

That said, IPs are certainly taking over WS, and with Frozen and Ratatouille in there too, along with GOTG confirmation, it does appear that FW could stand for something very different by its 40th.

Hopefully, the higher-ups recognise this and when the other side of WS is developed, they make sure it doesn't go IP overkill.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Get over yourself. This isn't about you. Embrace change. Why don't all you complainers go start a, "we hate anything Disney does" thread so those of us that want to talk about the progress and change happening at WDW can do so without the clutter of nonsensical crap that won't change the outcome that you want?
Respectfully, you could always go and find one of many pixie dust driven forums where everything is wonderful and every change is for the better.

Piebald

I hope the coaster is more like The Mummy or Gringotts (perhaps a bit more thrilling than the latter). THAT would be cool. A sort of hybrid of a ride instead of a straight roller coaster like RnRC. I like roller coasters but I'd like to see better theme here than just a quick 1 minute ride in the dark.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I'm optimistic that they will incorporate the Guardians of the Galaxy characters in such a way that it is still relevant to Future World and educates us about energy. If you think about it, Universe of Energy currently uses Jeopardy to teach us about Energy. Jeopardy is an IP not owned by Disney and Marvel is, so you could argue that this would make it "more Disney". Just like Figment teaches us about imagination, the Guardians will replace Bill Nye and Ellen to teach us about energy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom