News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

I’ve posted this before, but I think it is worth posting again. Page 6 shows the design process and where approval often occurres. Disney tends to announce projects very early after approval and this is part of the longer looking timelines. Construction doesn’t start right away because there is not yet a completed design that is properly documented.
https://network.aia.org/HigherLogic...d48-6fff-4a2f-ae26-cef8a77d4f6d&forceDialog=0

No Name

Coming from arguably the world-leading company in themed entertainment, that "Peter Quill visited Epcot as a child" contrived backstory excuse is embarrassing. It shows a complete lack of understanding of what theme is. Bob Chapek makes himself look like a total idiot, unqualified for the position he holds.

If he had nothing better, he shouldn't have tried to forge a connection at all.

lazyboy97o

Coming from arguably the world-leading company in themed entertainment, that "Peter Quill visited Epcot as a child" contrived backstory excuse is embarrassing. It shows a complete lack of understanding of what theme is. Bob Chapek makes himself look like a total idiot, unqualified for the position he holds.

If he had nothing better, he shouldn't have tried to forge a connection at all.
This backstory would come from Joe Rhode and his team. The convoluted backstories that explain these additions betrays arguments of a thematic fit.

And the most scholarly of reply's! I would much enjoy the chance to discuss the finer details of Six Flags themeing with you good Sir, if you wish!
Then please do share how Disney’s direction is philosophically different.

erasure fan1

All I can really say is why. I get that epcot needs help but at what expense? I love guardians and the thought of a ride but I was really hoping that Disney would have come to their senses and put the ride in a spot that fits. I won't sit here and defend energy, even though it was one of my favorite things in all of Disney, and as a kid who LOVED dinosaurs. The Guardians just do not belong in epcot but unfortunately Disney now only cares about the now and have no concern about what made Disney, Disney. Maybe its my rose glasses but I really do hate this new direction and way of thinking. Epcot future world needed a cohesive makeover, not a shoehorn with no thought. Oh well, here's waiting for the America and Japan pavilion conversion to San Fransokyo and big hero 6. I can't wait!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Madame Medusa

So happy it's an indoor coaster with a new building. The possibilities are endless with this theme and they have more room to be creative this time. This is easily going to be the best ride EPCOT has ever seen, and it probably won't even be close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom