News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Haymarket2008

Finally had my chance to experience this attraction.

The good: the physical coaster experience is stunning. Really inventive and unique. Not once did I feel queasy.

The rest:
In terms of theming….not gonna lie: it feels a little value engineered. Lots of plain walls with nothing on them. The space ship looks like it’s made out of plastic. No texture or depth. And the teleportation reveal was very underwhelming. It’s fine, but not this jaw dropping spectacle everyone is talking about.

The ride experience is incoherent. I had no idea what I was looking at in terms of story. it is a space themed Rock n Roller Coaster with projections. Static cardboard sets in an empty warehouse with steel beams. Incredibly disappointed by that. The actual coaster ride is the star of the experience.

And when looking at the Epcot attractions, I feel that you have to see how they connect to each other. That’s the story the park is telling, successful or not. Does this contribute in any meaningful way? Not at all. Not sure what the point is apart from “here’s a ride in space”.

Genuinely concerned by people calling this the best ride Disney has ever made lol. Baffling statement.

That being said: a GREAT coaster.

The ride experience is incoherent. I had no idea what I was looking at in terms of story. it is a space themed Rock n Roller Coaster with projections. Static cardboard sets in an empty warehouse with steel beams. Incredibly disappointed by that. The actual coaster ride is the star of the experience.

Felt the same way. I had no idea what was going on plot wise but I did notice that the coaster seats/wagons/rows?? were doing things I had never experienced before on a coaster while the train itself was flying down its track.

Ultimately I think it's kind of difficult to have much plot coherence for a coaster because your body has so much other stimuli its taking on at the same time.

Haymarket2008

Felt the same way. I had no idea what was going on plot wise but I did notice that the coaster seats/wagons/rows?? were doing things I had never experienced before on a coaster while the train itself was flying down its track.

Ultimately I think it's kind of difficult to have much plot coherence for a coaster because your body has so much other stimuli its taking on at the same time.

100%
It’ll benefit from repeat rides because it was such a sensory overload. That and the onboard audio was so quiet compared to the people yelling and the external audio.

Professortango1

100%
It’ll benefit from repeat rides because it was such a sensory overload. That and the onboard audio was so quiet compared to the people yelling and the external audio.
Mission BO, the West Coast Guardians "attraction" has the same problem. All you can hear is music, people screaming, and the inaudible dialogue track muffled in the background.

Stupido

The ride experience is incoherent. I had no idea what I was looking at in terms of story.

Yeah, the first time I rode it, I had absolutely no idea what was happening. The second time we were wasted, and somehow it was so much easier to follow? Maybe it's the pixie dust in the world showcase pours, but this ride was absolutely made for multiple rides.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

The good: the physical coaster experience is stunning. Really inventive and unique. Not once did I feel queasy.

The rest:
In terms of theming….not gonna lie: it feels a little value engineered. Lots of plain walls with nothing on them. The space ship looks like it’s made out of plastic. No texture or depth. And the teleportation reveal was very underwhelming. It’s fine, but not this jaw dropping spectacle everyone is talking about.

And when looking at the Epcot attractions, I feel that you have to see how they connect to each other. That’s the story the park is telling, successful or not. Does this contribute in any meaningful way? Not at all. Not sure what the point is apart from “here’s a ride in space”.

Genuinely concerned by people calling this the best ride Disney has ever made lol. Baffling statement.

Fair comments.

gerarar

Premium Member
According to the forbidden site, the standby line was used/open during DVC Moonlight Magic tonight.
20230208_233001.jpg

montyz81

The rest:

I am not sure how this ride could be better than SWGE? That just does not make sense. Basically, it sounds like Guardians is a faster version of 1982's version of 180 top on SSE.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Hey everyone, I have been on this ride now many times luckily, and the last time I was standing in the queue I really was trying to get my bearing and think about where I was in terms of where I would be if it was still Universe of Energy. I'd really love to know, and I figured I'd ask in here because I'm sure someone has made a really nice layout already of the guardians building vs the universe of energy building?
Thanks!

P.S. sorry if this has been asked and posted many times before.. I used to come on here daily and life kind of got in the way the last couple of years. I don't have time to go through 500 pages haha. Thanks anyway!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Hey everyone, I have been on this ride now many times luckily, and the last time I was standing in the queue I really was trying to get my bearing and think about where I was in terms of where I would be if it was still Universe of Energy. I'd really love to know, and I figured I'd ask in here because I'm sure someone has made a really nice layout already of the guardians building vs the universe of energy building?
Thanks!

P.S. sorry if this has been asked and posted many times before.. I used to come on here daily and life kind of got in the way the last couple of years. I don't have time to go through 500 pages haha. Thanks anyway!
55BE170D-A28B-4F0D-9FE1-B1F375DDF8BE.jpeg
C9ED4811-E67A-4D42-B430-0008826C1B30.png

tommyhawkins

Thanks!

Disone

So I overheard someone commenting the other day, a peer of mine, who said that the amount of rotation each train does is dependent on the song that is playing. I've had 3 or 4 of a different songs now and honestly have not noticed that the rotations are different. Is this accurate?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I overheard someone commenting the other day, a pure of mine, who said that the amount of rotation each train does is dependent on the song that is playing. I've had 3 or 4 of a different songs now and honestly have not noticed that the rotations are different. Is this accurate?
That is very very very highly unlikely. Just imagine the amount of engineering that would take to have seven different ride profiles. And you think the PR surrounding the ride would trumpet that kind of precision and variation.

I've ridden it about 10 times and never noticed anything different in motion.

Disone

That is very very very highly unlikely. Just imagine the amount of engineering that would take to have seven different ride profiles. And you think the PR surrounding the ride would trumpet that kind of precision and variation.

I've ridden it about 10 times and never noticed anything different in motion.
I 100% agree. But cannot prove. But excellent point. If they had different ride profiles, like they do on Tower of terror, you would think they would market that big time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom