News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

adam.adbe

They can program the turning/spinning. If enough folks complain the will tweak it.

Probably not. This is probably the same kind of motion sickness that people get from VR headsets. This ride is not a crazy mouse; the spinning hardly seems extreme. If your eyes are telling you one thing though, and the your body is telling you another, that can affect people in all kinds of weird ways, and some people are just way more sensitive to differences between those two stimuli.

If the screens are tracking the rotation of the cars, then they would need to both significantly tighten the timing between the two, and shoot for really high refresh rates on those screens. That's a technology jump that is more than a few years away still.

solidyne

PLEASE do not change the ride to make it less intense. They ruined Mission Space compared to the original by tuning it down (the Orange version is less intense than the opening day version). The people that get sick should just not go. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us.
I get motion-sick and can't do certain rides, but I agree with you.

Don't downgrade the rides for me — I'm perfectly fine without 'em, thank you!

Disstevefan1

Probably not. This is probably the same kind of motion sickness that people get from VR headsets. This ride is not a crazy mouse; the spinning hardly seems extreme. If your eyes are telling you one thing though, and the your body is telling you another, that can affect people in all kinds of weird ways, and some people are just way more sensitive to differences between those two stimuli.

If the screens are tracking the rotation of the cars, then they would need to both significantly tighten the timing between the two, and shoot for really high refresh rates on those screens. That's a technology jump that is more than a few years away still.
I think we are talking about two different things. I think they could eliminate any unnecessary turning or spinning while continuing turn the cars to the screens when needed.

Will this magically make the attraction rideable by 100 percent of the population? Obviously not. As you say come folks will still get motion sick anyway and wont ride.

The idea of eliminating any unnecessary turning or spinning is to make it rideable by more people.

It's too early to tell. We need to see how many folks complain.

dizneycrazy09

It’s crazy how different rides affect people differently. I’ve been riding M:S for years (including the most intense version during previews before the opening), and I am completely fine in terms of motion sickness. Everest on the other hand - terrible motion sickness.

But never have I ever been more disoriented or tried to actively not puke while a ride was in motion than when I rode Cosmic Rewind. The “floating through space” sensation was incredible, but my body did not react well. I was very surprised that the initial review from WDWMAGIC suggested motion sickness would not be an issue.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What's the better idea - Tweak the ride so more people can ride (and thus bring in more ILL money) or cater to those who think it's fine as-is?

If tweaking is not possible, then that is an extremely poorly thought-out idea by WDI. TheZach should quit immediately.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Teacups meet RNR in Space. Seriously when I did the preview my tum tum was not happy afterwards.

sick homer simpson GIF

Smiley/OCD

And they are just giving them away? For FREE?!? I'm shocked! See, Disney doesn't charge for everything (yet)...
It’s cheaper than shutting the ride down and cleaning it…I’m sure more fans would be upset if it had to keep getting shut down to clean than toning it down…no matter what happens, some will complain

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

James J

In the Parks
No
We fly back to the UK on the 28th, which means that we'll be seriously hoping that we manage to ride on the 27th! Just by chance the Park Reservations I made already have us at Epcot on the 27th, so that's one part sorted...
I was successful in this, and am super happy right now! My wife and I both rode with smiles on our faces throughout. It's a fantastic ride.

Patcheslee

PLEASE do not change the ride to make it less intense. They ruined Mission Space compared to the original by tuning it down (the Orange version is less intense than the opening day version). The people that get sick should just not go. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us.
To be fair I never experienced an actual ride simulator before Mission Space, even though I've been to amusement parks for 20 years. Prior to I'd experienced 4D rides which don't compare well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom