News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

RSoxNo1

I don’t believe there is anything more advanced than any of the other multi projector setups that we see elsewhere. I would say it’s nowhere near the complexity of any of the huge outdoor projection mapping icon projects.
I haven't seen them in person, are their projectors onto screens or are the screens themselves displaying the image like a JumboTron?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I haven't seen them in person, are their projectors onto screens or are the screens themselves displaying the image like a JumboTron?
Yes they are conventional projection screens with multiple projectors per screen (for the larger ones).

You can see one of the large screens quite easily here

lazyboy97o

Is there anything preventing screen-based rides like this from using screens with the incredible clarity of the one at Bourne? It seems like integrating that technology into a dark ride really would be groundbreaking.
Just off the top of my head you’d have issues with weight and maintenance access. Depending on how you’re moving viewing angles could also be an issue.

Markiewong

Is there anything preventing screen-based rides like this from using screens with the incredible clarity of the one at Bourne? It seems like integrating that technology into a dark ride really would be groundbreaking.
also are those screens capable of showing that clarity for 16/18 hours straight? Bourne has cooldown periods inbetween shows.

pharmd

Hi everyone,

Sorry if redundant question, I've have not been on the Cosmic Threads to avoid spoilers.

I have my Preview for tomorrow, got added Epcot in MDE. But I still didn't get an email like I Did for Ratatouille with my confirmation or anything that was sent a few days beforehand . Is my original confirmation I copied enough, or do they have my records already and just need to scan my Annual pass when I enter the attraction area. Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi everyone,

Sorry if redundant question, I've have not been on the Cosmic Threads to avoid spoilers.

I have my Preview for tomorrow, got added Epcot in MDE. But I still didn't get an email like I Did for Ratatouille with my confirmation or anything that was sent a few days beforehand . Is my original confirmation I copied enough, or do they have my records already and just need to scan my Annual pass when I enter the attraction area. Thanks!
You will be fine. If you have the EPCOT entry in MDX that means you are in the system. They will just scan MagicBand or phone, and you will be good to go. Enjoy! and let us know what you think.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi everyone,

Be aware as well that they are likely to let you in up to 25 mins prior to your window. Not guaranteed, but worth being in the area early.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

MagicHappens1971

J
So are we expecting any chance of a public soft opening tomorrow? Haven't kept up with what preview windows are what.
i personally would think not, but that’s just intuition and my opinion. In the current days of staffing constraints and social media, if it soft opened, Epcot would get a mass influx on guests and would defeat the purpose

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
J

i personally would think not, but that’s just intuition and my opinion. In the current days of staffing constraints and social media, if it soft opened, Epcot would get a mass influx on guests and would defeat the purpose
No mass influx before 2p because of park reservations. And after 2p only from those who have hoppers.

mergatroid

Everything you need to know about opening day merchandise availability for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind'​

Not a merchandise person myself, looks some ok retro looking stuff for those so inclined though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom