News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

OceanBlue

I agree. Guardians would have worked better in a spaceport-themed Tomorrowland. And Tron would have made more sense as part of an "Inner Space" pavilion anchored out of the old Wonders of Life building that could have housed Lightcycle Run (entering the digital world), a Cranium Command remake featuring the Inside Out characters, and even a reimagined "Journey Through Inner Space" dark ride. The architecture of Lightcycle Run even feels like it belongs more in EPCOT than in Tomorrowland.
Have been thinking exactly the same thing this whole time!

DCBaker

Premium Member
D23 preview is May 15th -

$35 per person (plus $5 processing fee). Tickets will go on sale on Tuesday, April 12, 2022, at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET

DETAILS
Event Includes:
  • Parking and park admission with park reservation to EPCOT after 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 15, 2022
  • $20 dining card to enjoy the EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival (or other dining location of your choice)
  • Reserved viewing for Harmonious
  • Exclusive entry to preview of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
"Check-in will be open from 3:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., with park admission beginning at 4 p.m. Members are able to explore EPCOT until the reserved viewing area for Harmonious opens at 8 p.m. for the 9 p.m. show. The evening concludes with an opportunity to preview of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, receiving a commemorative gift upon departure."

Just an update to this - D23 has adjusted the amount of tickets you can buy. It originally listed 4 per member.

"Due to overwhelming interest and demand, D23 Gold Members will be limited to two (2) tickets per member to allow more D23 Gold Members the opportunity to attend the event. Both Gold Primary and Affiliate members may purchase up to two (2) tickets each with a Gold Duo Plan."

Here is the direct link to purchase the tickets when they go on sale -

AJFoster

Got a couple of questions about D23 previews if someone can help;
- How quickly on average do these events sell out? Are tickets gone in seconds?
- I'm out there for the event date and leave just a few days before the opening day for Guardians. I've been looking forward to riding for years. Do you think its worth joining D23 to be able to go to this event?
- If I did sign up, I travel in just over 30 days from the UK so if the membership card doesn't arrive by then would I still be able to get in?

It's so tempting, especially if it's going to be my only way of riding and I've got a good chance of getting tickets
I'm in the same boat. I'm travelling from the UK in just under 30 days....But I leave before this ride officially opens. I signed up for a D23 membership last week in expectation and hope they'd be previews available. So far so good.

I probably wont receive the card before travelling, but based on that ratatouille preview for D23 members, I read that email confirmations were enough. Plus it's not hard to log into to the D23 website and have some ID to prove you are who you say you are. And seeing they've changed the number of tickets we can purchase (4 to 2), it seems pretty likely that we'll get tickets providing we're ready to buy when they go on sale.

I can't be going all the way to Disney World, and miss out on this ride! Ha. Good luck!

Richie248

I'm in the same boat. I'm travelling from the UK in just under 30 days....But I leave before this ride officially opens. I signed up for a D23 membership last week in expectation and hope they'd be previews available. So far so good.

I probably wont receive the card before travelling, but based on that ratatouille preview for D23 members, I read that email confirmations were enough. Plus it's not hard to log into to the D23 website and have some ID to prove you are who you say you are. And seeing they've changed the number of tickets we can purchase (4 to 2), it seems pretty likely that we'll get tickets providing we're ready to buy when they go on sale.

I can't be going all the way to Disney World, and miss out on this ride! Ha. Good luck!
I have no clue where my membership card is but I'm hoping if I pull my membership up on my phone, that will suffice. I still think this will sellout instantly and will be a tough ticket to get. And shocked that it's only $35... After reading what is offered I was expecting the price to be upwards of $125. Good luck! Hope you're able to get tickets.

WDWFantasmicFan

Good luck with getting tickets!

Now they've reduced it from 4 to 2 tickets per member, it's gonna be a no go for me as there is 5 in my party. Shame, but looks like I'll miss out on the ride by 4 days 😭

FigmentFan82

I don’t understand why the 401st doesn’t have an invitation to just play in Galaxy’s Edge. I know there’s hurdles with volunteers at a business and issues of liability, but they figured it out for Star Wars Weekends.
*501st, but yes. That seems like almost too good of an idea. Free stormtroopers who know how to act like stormtroopers roaming about Batu and bringing it to life! Way too good of an idea to pull the trigger on. Also funny since they brought the 501st in to help as extras in season 1 of the Mandalorian, so there's a relationship there already (Star Wars Weekends notwithstanding)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

lunchbox1175

Glad I already had a park reservation for 5/23. Do you know if they will allow me to bring on the other 3 members of my party who aren't AP holders? Would be really funny for me to say.....sorry kids, only I get to ride!

OwlyKnees

Also in a similar situation!

I just signed up for D23 yesterday - however my status on the website still says 'General' member. Any idea when this changes to reflect 'Gold' member status? All I've received so far is a confirmation email, however this doesn't include the membership number either. Do you happen to know where we can find that?

Thanks for any inputs on your experience so far!

Communicora

Premium Member
Also in a similar situation!

I just signed up for D23 yesterday - however my status on the website still says 'General' member. Any idea when this changes to reflect 'Gold' member status? All I've received so far is a confirmation email, however this doesn't include the membership number either. Do you happen to know where we can find that?

Thanks for any inputs on your experience so far!

The number will be on your account profile page.

When I purchased mine I recall that it reflected gold immediately, but maybe things are different now. Did your payment go through yet?

OwlyKnees

The number will be on your account profile page.

When I purchased mine I recall that it reflected gold immediately, but maybe things are different now. Did your payment go through yet?
Thanks for the reply!

I believe so - I can see it in my order history. However the page still says I'm a general member and still gives me the option to upgrade to Gold. Strange!

Perhaps it's because I used a non-US card to pay (although this seemed to work fine)? For other users who signed up from the UK - how did you do that and did it go through successfully?

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom