News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

mergatroid

Besides comparing queue standards from 40 years ago vs today, EPCOT's Future World was designed with high capacity, continuously loading rides that did not necessarily require extensive queuing infrastructure or things to look at while standing in one spot.
When we first visited Epcot the year it opened many of the queues were well over 60 minutes each. It was summer but even so there was a lot of queuing. As for different standards from 40 years ago I noticed this trip that 80% of people queuing nowadays are playing on their phones. It was actually discussed in our party as it felt such a shame that after the effort of theming lines to varying levels, so many completely ignored that preferring to play on their phones. Some where even streaming tv or films without earphones polluting the queue with the audio of what they were watching or listening to. I don't think Disney should scale down their queues as there's still old timer's like me who appreciate it but a huge number don't, so scaling up the queues for this generation seems a bit pointless too.

CntrlFlPete

looks like time is getting closer -- mobile shrubberies all about

ssgg.jpg

Casper Gutman

I'm trying to remember which attractions at Epcot had epic lines in the past as there's so much complaining about part of the queue? I've racked my brain trying to recall the great queue areas for things like Horizons and Journey that the imagineers originally created and can't remember any as being outstanding?

It's subjective whether people like something or not but until the whole thing's been experienced it seems a bit odd complaining about the first part of the queue area as though Epcot's famous for it's highly themed lines.
How many of those old EPCOT rides were 3 minute attractions with no AAs?

As was pointed out, you may have seen 60 minute waits, but those were exceptional and the lines moved lightning fast compared to modern lines. Between the lower capacity and assorted line-skipping systems, modern lines crawl - if they move at all.

Even on their phones, people notice well-themed environments. And the snails pace of modern lines means that guests have a chance to admire a well-themed environment AND read a book or two before the line advances.

EPCOTCenterLover

As was pointed out, you may have seen 60 minute waits, but those were exceptional and the lines moved lightning fast compared to modern lines. Between the lower capacity and assorted line-skipping systems, modern lines crawl - if they move at all.

Even on their phones, people notice well-themed environments. And the snails pace of modern lines means that guests have a chance to admire a well-themed environment AND read a book or two before the line advances.
You certainly never got off those classic attractions feeling shortchanged. They were ambitious, well themed, lengthy, and wonderfully executed.

GladToBeHear

This. Immersive queues weren't needed back in the day because all the lines moved. One of the reasons we dropped what we were doing and ran down to WDW in 2020 to mask up in the August heat was to experience all the attractions with standby-only lines again. It was glorious.

No Name

I'm trying to remember which attractions at Epcot had epic lines in the past as there's so much complaining about part of the queue? I've racked my brain trying to recall the great queue areas for things like Horizons and Journey that the imagineers originally created and can't remember any as being outstanding?

It's subjective whether people like something or not but until the whole thing's been experienced it seems a bit odd complaining about the first part of the queue area as though Epcot's famous for it's highly themed lines.
I think the amount that they’ve promoted this specific part of the queue raised people’s expectations, which is fair. People also recognize this ride will have wait times 10x as long as some other rides, which is also fair. And then some people just hate the very existence of this entire ride and are using it to complain, which is unfair.

WDWJoeG

Building off the legacy of EPCOT as a place where discovery and curiosity comes to life, The Galaxarium is a planetarium-like exhibition where Guests will first be introduced to Xandar and the many similarities we share with our Xandarian visitors.”
Good lord does this feel like pandering and a feeble attempt at justifying this rides placement in Epcot. Come on Zach, we aren’t as dumb as you think!
I honestly thought that was sarcasm when I read that - good lord indeed.

Zach, do Star Tours next! Tell us how Star Tours would make sense at Epcot!

Ooh, ooh, do Tower of Terror, too!

Dan Deesnee

Good lord that queue is unimpressive. Where on Earth (or Xandar) did the 5 billion go? The ride better be extremely impressive but unfortunately I smell another dud. The ship out front doesn't light up either?

And I'm not a "Disney can do nothing right" kind of person.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Building off the legacy of EPCOT as a place where discovery and curiosity comes to life, The Galaxarium is a planetarium-like exhibition where Guests will first be introduced to Xandar and the many similarities we share with our Xandarian visitors.”
Good lord does this feel like pandering and a feeble attempt at justifying this rides placement in Epcot. Come on Zach, we aren’t as dumb as you think!
The mental gymnastics needed to justify this in its current location are astounding. And the nonsense we keep getting fed by TheZach from the PR department tastes like a crap sandwich.

Centauri Space Station

Seacabs

mergatroid

On a personal note to me 60 minutes is 60 minutes, whether I'm moving in a tail back queue or stop starting makes little difference. However I appreciate everyone's different and if it makes a big difference to you then that's fair enough.
I think the amount that they’ve promoted this specific part of the queue raised people’s expectations, which is fair. People also recognize this ride will have wait times 10x as long as some other rides, which is also fair. And then some people just hate the very existence of this entire ride and are using it to complain, which is unfair.
Am I wrong in thinking that we've only seen about 1/4 of the queue area, sure on twitter I saw a map stating this was a small pat of the queue area?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom