News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

dovetail65

Pretty much.

$400+ million for this ride. And not a single AA (if true).
It is is said that Hogwarts at universal alone cost 170 million and took just 5 month to recoup the entire cost. If these theme parks truly get the money back that fast the concern should be making the attractions the best they can be.

Funny thing, even with all the new tech, the original imagineers put the newer generations to shame in many instances.. They were genius. It just shows that technology alone can not replace inspiration, effort, born talent, willingness and belief in what they were doing.

I go through haunted mansion and yes there were small updates, but the main gist of it and best parts of it have held up and even today one of the premier attractions after 50 years. On those attractions it was simple effects combined with then cutting edge tech and story put to their best use. We are all lucky and I am amazed how Walt chose and hired those original 17 Imagineers. If he had not chosen those exact people it could of been a failed Theme park many times throughout its history.

Does 400 million mean Guardians is going to be good? I hope so, but I am not so sure. Will Guardians be here 50 years from now, highly unlikely. I think that is why many of us wanted to see the Audio Animatronic's, no matter their form(simple or Shaman), it brings us back to early Disney genius.

No Name

Did you ever experience the ride when the yeti was working?
I actually did in early 2007, and I thought it was great, but I’ve never thought the ride was even slightly incomplete or in poor condition without it. I already know you don’t agree since you still have a thread about it pinned from 15 years ago.

It's not just the yeti -- the mist effects are a big loss too. It made a significant difference in the ride experience when the top of the mountain was obscured and you didn't know the broken track was there in advance.
I do miss the mist effect, although I don’t understand your comment about the broken track, can you see it before pulling up to it? I’ve certainly never noticed and I’m not sure most do.

dovetail65

I actually did in early 2007, and I thought it was great, but I’ve never thought the ride was even slightly incomplete or in poor condition without it. I already know you don’t agree since you still have a thread about it pinned from 15 years ago.

I do miss the mist effect, although I don’t understand your comment about the broken track, can you see it before pulling up to it? I’ve certainly never noticed and I’m not sure most do.
The mist covered the view maybe of the broken track until the last second is what I think he is saying. Now we can see the broken track long before we get there? The shadow effect the Yeti shown breaking it up is stil cool for me and worked last time I was on it.

UNCgolf

Lest we forget, FoP has an amazing AA in the queue!

Soarin has amazing…duct work! It’s meant to simulate the Magic of La Guardia Airport.

Soarin' has the best themed queue ever; it's exactly like walking through tunnels etc. between airport terminals. Reminds me a lot of Hartsfield-Jackson and Toronto Pearson.

I've never actually been in the regular FoP queue so I didn't know it had an AA!

UNCgolf

Oh okay, I miss the mist more as a general thing, not because now you can see it a few seconds earlier.

People used to scream because they weren't expecting the broken track to suddenly appear right in front of them -- it didn't affect me in that way, but it was definitely designed to be a surprise.

ToTBellHop

Soarin' has the best themed queue ever; it's exactly like walking through tunnels etc. between airport terminals.

I've never actually been in the regular FoP queue so I didn't know it had an AA!
1648836587107.jpeg

He’s amazing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some additional photos in this D23 post -

"The full viewable experience in the Galaxarium will be over 30 minutes long and we were able to get a taste of the whole show, including Xandar, Earth, the Andromeda, and Milky Way Galaxies and Star-Lord’s iconic Awesome Mix Vol. 1!"

ToTBellHop

Really? I can't tell if you are joking! :D
I love Soarin’s realism where you are standing still in that dusty hallway with exposed ductwork a little bit longer than feels reasonable and the flight attendants are communicating nothing so you start thinking, “we should have moved by now! The plane must be unsafe!” And then you just get on and no one says anything and you hope you don’t die.

Just like flying out of MCO.

And then you look out your window and see the Eiffel Tower bending and think, “yep. Dying today.”

dovetail65

Soarin' has the best themed queue ever; it's exactly like walking through tunnels etc. between airport terminals. Reminds me a lot of Hartsfield-Jackson and Toronto Pearson.

Hmm I do not call that in the line at FOP an AA, it is more of a dummy laying there, quite cool though, or am I forgetting something? AN AA has to at least move and should make sounds or talk. That does niether, remind me if I am forgetting something.

Now Navi river has the most expensive AA ever made with the Shaman

dreday3

My favorite part of (most) queues are when you walk in the building and get that cool blast of air conditioning on your face! Spaceship Earth is the best because as soon as you walk in...ta-daaa!!!! You're on the ride!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hmm I do not call that in the line at FOP an AA, it is more of a dummy laying there, quite cool though, or am I forgetting something? AN AA has to at least move and should make sounds or talk. That does niether, remind me if I am forgetting something.

Now Navi river has the most expensive AA ever made with the Shaman
You are forgetting something. ;)

dovetail65

He’s a very high-tech AA.

Yeah he is cool and I love it, still he does not talk so the Audio from AA is out and he doesn't really move much, he more floats around. Now if he got out of the chamber and walked that would be something!

He is nowhere near the complexity of Lincoln or the Shaman and for me personally I still say borderline for AA. Don't get me wrong I love that portion of the line. I was surprised in line not 3 weeks ago a girl saying that dummy is stupid, I was in disbelief as her dad told her you have no appreciation for this vacation. Some teens they think they seen it all I guess, but they were not near as impressed with it as me. I do think many people see it that way, party poopers.

Disney Analyst

Yeah he is cool and I love it, still he does not talk so the Audio from AA is out and he doesn't really move much, he more floats around. Now if he got out of the chamber and walked that would be something!

He is nowhere near the complexity of Lincoln or the Shaman and for me personally I still say borderline for AA. Don't get me wrong I love that portion of the line. I was surprised in line not 3 weeks ago a girl saying that dummy is stupid, I was in disbelief as her dad told her you have no appreciation for this vacation. Some teens they think they seen it all I guess, but they were not near as impressed with it as me. I do think many people see it that way, party poopers.

I don't believe he's an AA at all, I recall there being a discussion on that figure, but I can't recall the details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom