News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

UNCgolf

So are they just going to have stanchions down the middle of the aisles we see in the "galaxarium"? It's hard to tell for sure, but it doesn't look like there are two separate queues.

Or will lightning lane users skip all of this entirely?

dovetail65

They spent how many hundreds of millions on this ride and they couldn't afford the AAs?
I often wonder when they make a budget what goes through their minds.

For me Disney should be going for broke on the ride. If it comes up less than stellar and the word gets out that is isn't a great ride it might not bring in as many guests. They must not believe that the AA would of made a diffidence to how many people are going to love the ride therefore bringing in more guests just see this attraction.

50 million I would think could be made up in a grand slam ride very quickly, somewhere in the process they just didn't believe it was worth the cost I guess.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I often wonder when they make a budget what goes through their minds.

For me Disney should be going for broke on the ride. If it comes up less than stellar and the word gets out that is isn't a great ride it might not bring in as many guests. They must not believe that the AA would of made a diffidence to how many people are going to love the ride therefore bringing in more guests just see this attraction.

50 million I would think could be made up in a grand slam ride very quickly, somewhere in the process they just didn't believe it was worth the cost I guess.
I think coasters historically do very well at Disney, regardless of effects. Look at the lack of interest to do anything to fix Everest. They know that ultimately a lot of people will just be happy there is a new thrill ride at EPCOT.

Brer Oswald

I think coasters historically do very well at Disney, regardless of effects. Look at the lack of interest to do anything to fix Everest. They know that ultimately a lot of people will just be happy there is a new thrill ride at EPCOT.
They traditionally do well because of how few there are at the resort. This should be a better themed coaster than the other themed coasters in Florida that have been around for 10 years or longer. If not, it was a poor use of money.

No Name

I won't have as much fun without animatronics. I've been beating that drum for a long time, and if the "site that must not be named" is correct, this is going to be very disappointing.

I still think Marvel characters have no place in Epcot. I'm not against a roller coaster in Epcot, but I am against attractions that don't have any basis in the original goal of Epcot. TRON could have made sense if it were a pavilion based on computer technology. But Guardians is being shoe-horned into Epcot. It didn't make any sense when they announced it, it still doesn't, and the only reason it's being done is because Disney doesn't care about what they put in Epcot anymore.

I'm sure the roller coaster will be fun (though reverse-launches aren't as thrilling in my opinion). But I can have fun and still criticize it mercilessly for the stupid, profit-driven decisions that have placed this ride in this park.

Oh yeah, and there are no animatronics. Oh, and I'll have to pay at least $10 extra to not wait 3.5 hours for it. No, I'm not excited for this now. The animatronics possibility was my last hope.
The Tower of Terror doesn’t have animatronics, would you consider that a disappointing ride? Can you really criticize a company for making a profit-driven decision, which is the backbone of what they do?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I won't have as much fun without animatronics. I've been beating that drum for a long time, and if the "site that must not be named" is correct, this is going to be very disappointing.

I still think Marvel characters have no place in Epcot. I'm not against a roller coaster in Epcot, but I am against attractions that don't have any basis in the original goal of Epcot. TRON could have made sense if it were a pavilion based on computer technology. But Guardians is being shoe-horned into Epcot. It didn't make any sense when they announced it, it still doesn't, and the only reason it's being done is because Disney doesn't care about what they put in Epcot anymore.

I'm sure the roller coaster will be fun (though reverse-launches aren't as thrilling in my opinion). But I can have fun and still criticize it mercilessly for the stupid, profit-driven decisions that have placed this ride in this park.

Oh yeah, and there are no animatronics. Oh, and I'll have to pay at least $10 extra to not wait 3.5 hours for it. No, I'm not excited for this now. The animatronics possibility was my last hope.
Why does TRON make sense but GotG doesn’t? No offense intended but that just seems like a personal bias tbh. Nothing in original EPCOT Center utilized preexisting IP.

Piebald

I was hoping for AAs in the preshow. The Rocket at DCA is great and makes it fun. I mean Mermaid has the little seagull in the queue , FFS. How expensive could it be?

Now if they have a Groot character meetable like the concept art showed itd be cool. Just something to make it seem real and not all screens...make the area around it seem immersive.

No Name

Quite frankly Everest is still one of the greatest rides ever built in terms of theming and I’m tired of people who pretend it’s not because a yeti you pass for 2 seconds no longer actually moves.

dovetail65

Probably true they aren't coaster parks so any coaster will do well, look at Mine Train. This coaster seems far more like the Harry Potter coasters than a thrill ride coaster we would get Cedar Point though. For my wife and kids there are no thrill rides at any WDW park, they just do not consider any of the WDW coasters thrilling, with Space Mountain being the closest I guess. I don't even like the coasters, I like attractions.

Patcheslee

Quite frankly Everest is still one of the greatest rides ever built in terms of theming and I’m tired of people who pretend it’s not because a yeti you pass for 2 seconds no longer actually moves.
The times I've been on it, the yeti doesn't really have my attention enough to notice if it moves or not. Before planning first visit, I wasn't even aware of there being a yeti inside the ride. Guess it's a matter of not knowing what I'm missing really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom