News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lewisc

Could Disney use live CM instead of AA?

AA have been around forever. I wouldn't think they'd be that expensive.

The designers must think screens offer a better experience.

MagicHappens1971

Looks like the opening date is coming Monday?
1BFF33EE-43C3-4FF1-AB04-0F824BF47BFD.jpeg

dovetail65

I don't know Spider man, the Kong ride ride, Jimmy Fallon and the coasters at Universal Harry Potter are pretty darn cool.

Some people believe it or not do not like nor appreciate the animatronics. I love it and went to college to study because of my love of animatronics. From day one though no one ever said there was animatronics on this ride, did they?

I always was under the impression it was a coaster that moved in a cool way and rotated in an upgraded way to even Universal's coasters to view different screens. That's all I ever saw or understood it to be so I am surprised people thought otherwise.

New Animatronics figures can be super expensive, guess what the last large Shaman Audio Animatronic cost at Navi river, yep 10 million!

Last edited:

totchos

I don't know Spider man, the Kong ride ride, Jimmy Fallon and the coasters at Universal Harry Potter are pretty darn cool.

Some people believe it or not do not like nor appreciate the animatronics. I love it and went to college to study because of my love of animatronics. Fron day one though no one ever said there was animatronics on this ride, did they?

I always was under the impression it was a coaster that moved in a cool way and rotated in an upgraded way to even Universal's coaters to view different screens. That's all I ever saw or understood it to be so I am surprised people thought otherwise.
There were supposedly gonna be one or two in the preshow. Rocket and Groot I believe. Those are the two that got axed.

dovetail65

There were supposedly gonna be one or two in the preshow. Rocket and Groot I believe. Those are the two that got axed.
Got yah, I was thinking in the ride que is all , but they can add those later I guess.

I remember seeing the video of the little Groot walking around somewhere, maybe that had something to do with it.

dovetail65

They were planned for the slower parts of the ride.
I found some articles it seems, "the Audio Animatronics were cut from the design early into development, partially for budget purposes but also partially because of the uncertainty surrounding “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.”

It appears they were were axed at very near the beginning of the process, but an Imagineer at Disney made reference to them in an interview after the decision to axe them was made so they backtracked and removed the info from the article.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom