News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

James Alucobond

Does Memorial Day Weekend sound a little late to anyone here? It sounds late to me, maybe they are trying to space it out from the starcruiser it just sounds later then I would of guessed. Assuming it’s near completion with all these test rides that however doesn’t mean it’s opening sooner rather than later.
Eh, not terribly late. They may want to open up Connections first, let the weird vlogger overcrowding work its way out, and then shut down the bypass to the side of Wonders of Xandar before opening the attraction.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Does Memorial Day Weekend sound a little late to anyone here? It sounds late to me, maybe they are trying to space it out from the starcruiser it just sounds later then I would of guessed. Assuming it’s near completion with all these test rides that however doesn’t mean it’s opening sooner rather than later.
Not if you’re expecting a soft open

THEMEPARKPIONEER

TRON has even less to do with Epcot. At least this is supposedly visitors from another planet.

I don’t really mind TRON for Tomorrowland. GotG should have gone to DHS. And Epcot should have just updated Future World. Somehow they misunderstood a lack of interest in outdated attractions as a lack of interest in the content. Science can be fun as long as you make it fun. Instead, they are abandoning it.

I wonder if Chapek didn’t do well in his science classes in high school.
I was on universe of energy, the first large screen we watched from the cars were incredible. if they upgraded that and extended the screens to the ceiling, the floor and more to the side that would have felt like we were really flying thru those scenes.

mightynine

From Tom Bricker/Disney Tourist Blog:
The latest update is an unintentional leak, courtesy of Geoff Morrell. In an almost instantly-deleted Tweet, he shared a photo of himself in the attraction load area, along with the text:

“Just another day at the office—got to “test ride” the new @Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster at @EpcotCentre. @WaltDisneyCo Imagineers designed this one like no other ride you’ve ever been on. Have to ride it to believe it! Check it out starting Memorial Day weekend!”

If you’re wondering who Geoff Morrell is and why we should trust his Memorial Day weekend opening for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind despite tagging an EPCOT Center parody account in the Tweet, here’s why.

The Walt Disney Company has named Geoff Morrell to the newly created position of Chief Corporate Affairs Officer…
I’m dying at a TWDC exec not only possibly inadvertently leaking the date but also tagging a parody account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom