News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

trainplane3

From a distance, they look interesting. But, detail is missing and the paint? Wow, that's sloppy. But, what do you expect for $15? They'll sell every one they can get they're hands on!
I thought the same but $15 doesn't seem too bad I guess. I could see them selling a larger scale series of these ships too. As much as I may not care about GotG in general, the ship designs are interesting and would benefit from a bigger scale..

ImperfectPixie

Be glad it's $15. Something at that price range I would buy. They could have offered ships for $100.
In the realm of collectible toys, Disney's quality has always been bad. For $25 (today's prices), you can get a McFarlane figure that is stunning and in some cases articulated (though I personally prefer static figures).

Last edited:

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I was considering buying a starblaster for my EPCOT memorabilia but then snapped out of it when I realized it would be going next to DiscMan from Tapestry and SMRT-1 🤣

markham

“themed land area” lol wow that language is clunky. Do they know what they are building?
266EB2BD-79EF-49B9-B107-CBFF7B75DE02.png

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In the realm of collectible toys, Disney's quality has been bad. For $25 (today's prices), you can get a McFarlane figure that is stunning and in some cases articulated (though I personally prefer static figures).
It could not be worse than their outdoor/garden items. Noting screams "quality" like outdoor items coated in paint that fades in a matter of a few weeks or is put together with water-soluble adhesive.

Surferboy567

Very minor thing (or major) depending on how you look at it. I know this is in a different universe to the MCU, but are the Guardians going to be in the Benatar ship or the Milano?

The Benatar ship is the Guardians new craft starting in Infinity War going into Thor Love and Thunder as well as Guardians 3. The Milano was half destroyed in a crash landing during Guardians Volume 2. We have seen both ships represented in the concept art. In the main preshow room with Rocket and Groot (who may or may not be animatronic) the ship appears to be the Milano. In the ride key graphic though with the guests jumping into the jump point the ship then reverts back to the Benatar. The Milano was then shown again in that new queue art as a model. In the attraction poster (which I really like) the ship appears to be the Milano once again.

If they are going for maximum relatability in the attraction the Benatar is probably the one they will use in the attraction. It was probably the one they filmed on. Of course, I don’t know if the Milano is in Guardians 3 but going off what we have seen the Benatar is the most recent ship.

Worth noting that the Milano is commonly the Guardians ship. I’m well aware I just wrote multiple paragraphs about which made up ship will show up in a attraction but just generally curious.
I can’t believe my borderline crazy detailed question has been answered via the merch. Looks like the Benatar will be the guardian’s main ship for the attraction. I’m totally fine with this decision.

I thought the same but $15 doesn't seem too bad I guess. I could see them selling a larger scale series of these ships too. As much as I may not care about GotG in general, the ship designs are interesting and would benefit from a bigger scale..
In the realm of collectible toys, Disney's quality has been bad. For $25 (today's prices), you can get a McFarlane figure that is stunning and in some cases articulated (though I personally prefer static figures).

What’s funny is what spurred on my question above is my recent completion of a LEGO set of this very ship (the Benatar). If you’re looking for a very well detailed (albeit expensive) model of the ship look no further. Was a little difficult to put together but the results are very worth. It is massive though.

Epcot82Guy

“themed land area” lol wow that language is clunky. Do they know what they are building?

It's an experiential area leveraging the historic futurism of an alien realm within a Neighboor hood with consistently presented dischord, celebrating the fantastic fantasy of Disney's legacy of Marvel characters in synergy. It's more family, more timeless, more relevant, more Disney.

So... no.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's an experiential area leveraging the historic futurism of an alien realm within a Neighboor hood with consistently presented dischord, celebrating the fantastic fantasy of Disney's legacy of Marvel characters in synergy. It's more family, more timeless, more relevant, more Disney.

So... no.
You forgot to incorporate storytelling and immersion. 😂

Vegas Disney Fan

Merchandising has begun:
I thought there’d be more ship to cover the connection point with the pedestal but judging by the model the ships bottom is going to be flat. A couple covers on the pedestal and this may be done, that’s a bit disappointing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Area" is the new technical term for... an area of the park.

Festival area. Guardians-themed area.

An "area" is part of a "neighborhood" (World- Celebration, Discovery, Nature, Showcase) but is not its own "land" (GE, TSL) or "mini-land" (Zootopia).

This was all covered in Theme Parks Taxonomy 101.

For extra credit, define "resort."

UNCgolf

"Area" is the new technical term for... an area of the park.

Festival area. Guardians-themed area.

An "area" is part of a "neighborhood" (World- Celebration, Discovery, Nature, Showcase) but is not its own "land" (GE, TSL) or "mini-land" (Zootopia).

This was all covered in Theme Parks Taxonomy 101.

For extra credit, define "resort."

But what about a "land area"???

tparris

Just wait for this one:
“This detailed Lightcycle die cast vehicle is inspired by TRON Lightcycle/Run, the new TRON-themed land area found in Tomorrowland, one of the themed land areas within Magic Kingdom, a themed land area park located at the Walt Disney World Resort.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom