News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Patcheslee

These are the only side pictures I've seen where I noticed the bottom wing is attached at the support as well. Also a pretty good size gap from support to concrete. Conduit is visible, and looks like a secondary plate at the based of the support.

UNCgolf

These are the only side pictures I've seen where I noticed the bottom wing is attached at the support as well. Also a pretty good size gap from support to concrete. Conduit is visible, and looks like a secondary plate at the based of the support.

I don't really get the point of the bottom wing if it's going to be almost completely hidden from view by the support.

Unless the truss is somehow temporary and will be replaced with something else now that the ship has been assembled, but I'm not sure how that would work.

milordsloth

I think that photo is pretty good evidence that the support is going to get some sort of cover. I doubt they would leave the bottom plate and conduit exposed like that.

Disney Analyst

I don't really get the point of the bottom wing if it's going to be almost completely hidden from view by the support.

Unless the truss is somehow temporary and will be replaced with something else now that the ship has been assembled, but I'm not sure how that would work.

I think you just… would need to walk around it if you want to see the bottom wing 🤷🏻‍♂️

James Alucobond

My impression is simply that they're very concerned with being on-model, even if that means it's not as visually effective as it could be with modifications. There's practically no way the truss isn't permanent.

UNCgolf

My impression is simply that they're very concerned with being on-model, even if that means it's not as visually effective as it could be with modifications. There's practically no way the truss isn't permanent.

Oh the truss is essentially guaranteed to be permanent; that comment was just an attempt to head off people being defensive about it by suggesting it could be removed.

The overall point is that it's badly designed. There are other ways they could have mounted it that wouldn't have almost completely blocked part of the ship from view.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Oh the truss is essentially guaranteed to be permanent; that comment was just an attempt to head off people being defensive about it by suggesting it could be removed.

The overall point is that it's badly designed. There are other ways they could have mounted it that wouldn't have almost completely blocked part of the ship from view.
And cladding doesn’t make the support better. It makes it worse as it’ll get bigger. It’s the size of the thing that is so ridiculous.

James Alucobond

And cladding doesn’t make the support better. It makes it worse as it’ll get bigger. It’s the size of the thing that is so ridiculous.
I think it depends on what they intend to do with it. If it's designed as a landing pad for the ship with its own embedded lighting and effects, cool. If it's supposed to look like a display in a Xandarian museum, then agreed, the mount should've been way more graceful.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I think the power us running up the side you cannot see now that the support is there:

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_45892.jpg
Wish the bottom was a reflecting pond. That would be a great touch IMHO

aladdin2007

I think that photo is pretty good evidence that the support is going to get some sort of cover. I doubt they would leave the bottom plate and conduit exposed like that.
I agree,,,,but have you seen WS lagoon? ...not asking that to you, just making a comment in general that while I would hope not,,,the Disney of today would do exactly that.

retr0gate

I don't believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) it was ever confirmed that the support was finished. One person on here probably said that was the final look everybody ran wild with it. It's almost like what we're seeing is "themed" like some industrial truss structure because that's exactly what it is. Nothing more than exposed supports that I am almost positive will be covered up soon.

RSoxNo1

While I don't believe / hope that the box support is the finished product, I think we need to recognize dates on the concept art.

People were suggesting that the concept art with the visible themed support was the newer of the two pieces of artwork. I have that piece as a 2017 piece of artwork with the other piece as a 2019 piece of concept art. Shown below:

GuardiansOfTheGalaxyCosmicRewind7.jpg

GuardiansOfTheGalaxyCosmicRewindLarge2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom