News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

OG Runner

How did Disney go from engineering the floating rocks of Pandora to just not caring anymore and slapping the spaceship for Guardians on an unsightly metal stand?

Why is the stand unsightly? It is a metal stand with an ornate spaceship on it, a pretty large one based on the photos.
I think for it to be unsightly it would need to take away from the overall display, which it really doesn't.

lazyboy97o

Why is the stand unsightly? It is a metal stand with an ornate spaceship on it, a pretty large one based on the photos.
I think for it to be unsightly it would need to take away from the overall display, which it really doesn't.
It’s a bulky box truss supporting a spaceship in front of a supposedly technologically advanced “Off-World Showcase” pavilion. Actual airplanes are mounted on more elegant pedestals.

Surferboy567

Very minor thing (or major) depending on how you look at it. I know this is in a different universe to the MCU, but are the Guardians going to be in the Benatar ship or the Milano?

The Benatar ship is the Guardians new craft starting in Infinity War going into Thor Love and Thunder as well as Guardians 3. The Milano was half destroyed in a crash landing during Guardians Volume 2. We have seen both ships represented in the concept art. In the main preshow room with Rocket and Groot (who may or may not be animatronic) the ship appears to be the Milano. In the ride key graphic though with the guests jumping into the jump point the ship then reverts back to the Benatar. The Milano was then shown again in that new queue art as a model. In the attraction poster (which I really like) the ship appears to be the Milano once again.

If they are going for maximum relatability in the attraction the Benatar is probably the one they will use in the attraction. It was probably the one they filmed on. Of course, I don’t know if the Milano is in Guardians 3 but going off what we have seen the Benatar is the most recent ship.

Worth noting that the Milano is commonly the Guardians ship. I’m well aware I just wrote multiple paragraphs about which made up ship will show up in a attraction but just generally curious.

dreday3

Very minor thing (or major) depending on how you look at it. I know this is in a different universe to the MCU, but are the Guardians going to be in the Benatar ship or the Milano?

The Benatar ship is the Guardians new craft starting in Infinity War going into Thor Love and Thunder as well as Guardians 3. The Milano was half destroyed in a crash landing during Guardians Volume 2. We have seen both ships represented in the concept art. In the main preshow room with Rocket and Groot (who may or may not be animatronic) the ship appears to be the Milano. In the ride key graphic though with the guests jumping into the jump point the ship then reverts back to the Benatar. The Milano was then shown again in that new queue art as a model. In the attraction poster (which I really like) the ship appears to be the Milano once again.

If they are going for maximum relatability in the attraction the Benatar is probably the one they will use in the attraction. It was probably the one they filmed on. Of course, I don’t know if the Milano is in Guardians 3 but going off what we have seen the Benatar is the most recent ship.

Worth noting that the Milano is commonly the Guardians ship. I’m well aware I just wrote multiple paragraphs about which made up ship will show up in a attraction but just generally curious.

I'm not supposed to have to think of these types of things in Epcot.

😂

mitchk

Look what I found

Attachments

• 9B772F3F-C85B-4C3F-86B4-293E6C39A8D4.jpeg
    9B772F3F-C85B-4C3F-86B4-293E6C39A8D4.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 371EBAA9-B71F-44AB-94EF-07281AFB4897.jpeg
    371EBAA9-B71F-44AB-94EF-07281AFB4897.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 282

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
People, people, people. This all fits, according to TheZach and his design team! The idea for the exposed steel structure was actually taken from the original designs of EPCOT, and is an iconic part of Walt and the park's history. This beautiful structure helps tell the story of the Xandarians trying to fit in with the TestTrackians and the other native inhabitants of EPCOT (the Frozenians and the Ratatoullians) that Peter Quill encountered when he visited EPCOT as a child. (HT to @gerarar )

dreday3

TikibirdLand

But couldn’t it be a bit more elegant than a box truss? Kittinger Park in Orlando has an F-4 on display with a much nicer column.
My favorite are the T-38 Talons on display in front of Challenger Center in Houston. We call them, Talons on a Stick.
As a kid, I used to go to Ellington Airforce Base and watch the astronauts fly in before / after missions. They are very elegant both flying and on the ground.

T-38_Tallon_Park.jpg

Incomudro

My favorite are the T-38 Talons on display in front of Challenger Center in Houston. We call them, Talons on a Stick.
As a kid, I used to go to Ellington Airforce Base and watch the astronauts fly in before / after missions. They are very elegant both flying and on the ground.

View attachment 617072
Always a favorite jet of mine, since I was a kid.
Probably the prettiest fighter ever made.

Incomudro

Looks awful! The base is completely blocking one fin!
Change your viewing angle, and it's not blocked.
This ship has that central lower fin, and the whole thing is heavy.
It's not a real aircraft (which are light) shored up and mounted, and there was likely no graceful way to display it.
I'm sure Imaginears, and engineers went over a variety of solutions, and probably considered a couple of ships.
It's a fictional craft that most likely couldn't exist as an all weather, prop that's supposed to last for perhaps decades.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The secret code name for this project was 'Sausalito.'

Which happens to be a Pepperidge Farm cookie.

Just like 'Milano.'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom