News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Casper Gutman

The Nova Corps are an intergalactic police force and Xandar is an entire planet and the capital of the Nova Empire. The ships used in the battle of Xandar were not every last ship in existence.

Xandar was destroyed by Thanos when he stole the power stone from them, but it was restored when the Avengers undid the blip.
It was absolutely not restored. The only things restored were things deleted specifically by the blip. Anything Thanos destroyed earlier - like Vision, Gamora, and Xander - are very much still gone.

CntrlFlPete

sshp.jpg

Brer Oswald

You're a huge fan of Splash Mountain.
Should the critters there be different colors, or should they make up different critters?
This is a craft from the film, and it's one of a size that can be created full scale and put in front of the queue building.
This is what it looks like, these are it's colors.
They can do whatever they want. In the case of Splash Mountain, not to devolve into a conversation about that, they changed the color of the Rabbit’s fur from brown to grey to make it fit better with Frontierland. His face also looks different. With the Bear, they changed his hat color from red to yellow. And for the rest of the animal critters and settings, they don’t come from any Brer Rabbit movie.

It’s one of the best “IP rides” because so much of it is original stuff. The creative decisions were not constrained by some movie. :)

Brer Oswald

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Those people can cope. Broaden your horizons. Expose yourself to something new.
I did and do. I loved the fact that SW:GE was a new land with its own story.

The majority of fans wanted it to be the greatest hits of the original trilogy.

Maybe you are the one who should learn to cope with Disney making a screen accurate representation of a Star Blaster and not some "color du jour" version of one.

Stupido

It was absolutely not restored. The only things restored were things deleted specifically by the blip. Anything Thanos destroyed earlier - like Vision, Gamora, and Xander - are very much still gone.
I mean if you want to get technical about the MCU, Nova is one of the most rumored new heros to make his way into the MCU, with Papa Feige even teasing it. If they have plans for Nova, they absolutely have plans to expand on the decimation (and rebuilding) of Xander. Plus with a Xandar Pavilion now at EPCOT, I'm sure we will be seeing more of Xandar in the MCU. Disney can't help but force synergy, and if they went back to make sure the ship's paint matches the movie, I think that's further confirmation we'll be seeing these ships again.

Casper Gutman

Part of the problem with the whole project is that, unlike Wakanda or Asgard, Xander didn't have a very distinct aesthetic. The Other-World Showcase gimmick sounds good in a boardroom, but when you actually try to design the pavilion, it runs into problems - how do you visually represent "Xander" to the passing crowds? The artless solution is a ship-on-a-stick. Beyond that, we're left with a repurposed structure that does absolutely nothing to represent the franchise it's supposedly a part of and a queue that, based on concept art, looks largely like a Guardians version of the Launch Bay.

Casper Gutman

I mean if you want to get technical about the MCU, Nova is one of the most rumored new heros to make his way into the MCU, with Papa Feige even teasing it. If they have plans for Nova, they absolutely have plans to expand on the decimation (and rebuilding) of Xander. Plus with a Xandar Pavilion now at EPCOT, I'm sure we will be seeing more of Xandar in the MCU. Disney can't help but force synergy, and if they went back to make sure the ship's paint matches the movie, I think that's further confirmation we'll be seeing these ships again.
I don't think there's much chance we revisit Xander - its possible, but the ride doesn't make it more likely. Remember all those memorable Star Wars scenes on Batuu?

As for Nova in film, sure, it's possible - the MCU has made hits out of more obscure characters, after all. But the filmic depiction of the Nova Corps differs so heavily from the comics it precludes anything like the comic book Nova without very heavy retconning. Feige's reactions to questions about the character have been boilerplate "sure, anything's possible" stuff. Not to mention, Feige is likely far more focused on rolling out the X-Men Universe. I do think we et a Nova film someday, but I have my doubts as to whether we get one before, say, 2030.

J4546

still waiting to see how well the massive gray support is covered in final form. I get that it needs something substantial to support it, I just hope its hidden better with another wing or perhaps a facade that will cover it to make it looks like some kind of landing pedestal...?

TikibirdLand

still waiting to see how well the massive gray support is covered in final form. I get that it needs something substantial to support it, I just hope its hidden better with another wing or perhaps a facade that will cover it to make it looks like some kind of landing pedestal...?
It's a crutch for the injured, endangered, giant lion fish. Hope he heals!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom