Premium Member
Original Poster
Added a video showing some of the build in progress

and the other wing is now up

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_46138.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They’re bolting steel pipes together over several days. That’s not really quick. It’s not being dragged out over some ridiculous time but it’s not some surprising pace.

But I'm sure TheZach will comment on how the unique and ingenious WDI team came together to create this iconic piece that harkens back to Walt's original vision for EPCOT Center, leveraging Disney storytelling.

OG Runner

They’re bolting steel pipes together over several days. That’s not really quick. It’s not being dragged out over some ridiculous time but it’s not some surprising pace.
Can you believe how ruggedly put together a decorative item appears to be? Steel and bolt construction for a big ship model.
I guess they don't want it falling on anyone getting their picture taken there.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Can you believe how ruggedly put together a decorative item appears to be? Steel and bolt construction for a big ship model.
I guess they don't want it falling on anyone getting their picture taken there.

Have you seen what a Cat 3 or 4 hurricane can do to a decorative steel structure?

I'm sure Disney is complying with Florida hurricane codes.

Patcheslee

Added a video showing some of the build in progress

and the other wing is now up

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_46138.jpg
For me, the more that is assembled, the less distracting the support becomes. Still seems an odd decision to have the support cover an arm, but hopefully they can put together a great look.

Incomudro

For me, the more that is assembled, the less distracting the support becomes. Still seems an odd decision to have the support cover an arm, but hopefully they can put together a great look.
Yes.
It's easy to focus on one thing, when it's one thing.
But not only will this ship be completed, it will be part of an overall landscaped area.
When it all comes together, few people will look at it and say "They should have made a less visible support."

rioriz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom