News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

brihow

Concept art made it look like it would be blue with yellow accents. This is opposite. From the yellow, I'm picturing something like a giant lion fish.

Painters: PLEASE DON'T REPAINT IT!
I'm comparing it directly to the concept art and the paint treatment looks almost identical. The 'cockpit' or center portion of the ship is mostly yellow which is what we are seeing in the concept. The fins are blue with yellow tips.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Concept art made it look like it would be blue with yellow accents. This is opposite. From the yellow, I'm picturing something like a giant lion fish.

Painters: PLEASE DON'T REPAINT IT!
The concept art you are referring to does not match the Star Blasters we saw in Guardians 1 (I believe later concept art fixed this). What is on-site does match the movie. In short, they fixed a mistake.

xandar_ship.jpg

nova-corps-starblaster-installation-cosmic-rewind-2.jpg

FBB6580_comp_v366.1079.jpg

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The only thing that could accelerate TRON is the 50th, if they want something marketable during the final 6 months of the celebration. But if attendance is fine I agree that they may wait until May 2023 to open it. I doubt they’ve decided and are just working to finish construction to wrap those costs up in their FY 22 books.
Don’t they capitalize and amortize the construction costs like every other company? What’s it matter what fiscal year they finish in?

BobRSmith

This piece looks like it's housing an electric motor and two hydraulic pumps... anybody know if there's going to be motion on the Xandarian ship?
Just incredible that the ugly grey support is placed in front of the lower fin. This unsightly feature will dominate the views from the front. Why didn't they design the support to be located behind the ship??

OG Runner

Just incredible that the ugly grey support is placed in front of the lower fin. This unsightly feature will dominate the views from the front. Why didn't they design the support to be located behind the ship??
The fins will cover it and it will look like the concept art other than the color.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Since they are building using cash, it tends to look better on the books and the Wall St folks if they spread the construction costs out over as many quarters as possible.
You’re talking about the impact to cash flows as opposed balance sheets?

Hawg G

Since they are building using cash, it tends to look better on the books and the Wall St folks if they spread the construction costs out over as many quarters as possible.

But you can’t start depreciation until it opens. Holding a half a billion dollar project on purpose is stupid on many levels.

Casper Gutman

It amuses me that the big icon of this pavilion is a ship that proved completely ineffective in the films, with dozens being memorably obliterated to show how powerful the bad guy is! Of course, the whole pavilion is themed to a canonically destroyed civilization, so that makes sense.

(Please note, this is not a genuine criticism. There are enough of those for this attraction.)

Casper Gutman

The combination of the ship colors and the building’s whatever color palette is yuck.
They should never have kept the original building. It’s a cheap play for nostalgia, a cynical attempt by the people who destroyed great old rides (note: UoE wasn’t great) to continue to profit off them - just like the constant exploitation of Figment. Seeing a mediocre ride stuffed into the corpse of WoM doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy, it reminds me of how unforgivably far EPCOT has fallen. Just have the guts to rip it all out.

TikibirdLand

It amuses me that the big icon of this pavilion is a ship that proved completely ineffective in the films, with dozens being memorably obliterated to show how powerful the bad guy is! Of course, the whole pavilion is themed to a canonically destroyed civilization, so that makes sense.

(Please note, this is not a genuine criticism. There are enough of those for this attraction.)
That species of lion fish is rare because of all them that were destroyed. Therefore, this building is acting as a sanctuary for them. Good going, Disney!

ETA: most of them were destroyed!

Last edited:

Incomudro

That location is likely where most of the weight is centered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom