News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

TrippedUp

Which is why I’m not sure if this is just primer or something else, but I have no way of knowing just from these photos.
Yeah. White is a real odd choice for a primer under charcoal. Usually they do a grey to prime. I think you're right that its some kind of special sealer or weather preparation. This is probably the most guest-facing rib, so I'm sure they want it to be presentable.

That plywood means cranes, so I'm betting we get a Zach Post in the next day or two. Cant wait to see the ship.

DonniePeverley

There's alot of negativity towards this - i thought this was going to be one of the most futuristic attractions at Disney - not just a standard coaster with a paint job.

Disstevefan1

it is, just a lot of negativity on this site toward almost everything lol.
Don’t judge this site on one thread. In this thread, folks are justifiably angry on how long Guardians is taking to complete, and it’s true, how many times are they going to paint the same thing over and over?

For positively read the trip reports. Mostly all are happy and positive and fun to read.

Patcheslee

Don’t judge this site on one thread. In this thread, folks are justifiably angry on how long Guardians is taking to complete, and it’s true, how many times are they going to paint the same thing over and over?

For positively read the trip reports. Mostly all are happy and positive and fun to read.
My cousin is down there now with her family. It's her 9yo daughter's birthday, jealous of the pics on FB lol

ImperfectPixie

i disagree but watevs
The threads discussing developments in the parks are going to be very critical (in the sense of critiquing and analyzing) with good reason. They're looking at and discussing new additions, removals, the overall direction the parks are moving in and how the company is handling things in general.

@Disstevefan1 nailed it - if you don't want to read analytical takes of the parks/company, the trip reports would be more up your alley.

James Alucobond

While I agree that folks should be able to express frustration over the things that are, well, frustrating about this project, the idea that they're painting this "over and over" again is a fiction that we shouldn't be perpetuating. They painted it copper and changed their minds, switching to charcoal. One change. If you want to say that their tendency to get color wrong around the parks in general is a growing problem (e.g. this, Cinderella castle, etc.), then fine.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Considering the poster in question loves everything they are going to Epcot and WDW in general, I won’t lose a wink of sleep continuing to be critical of this and many, many other things. If you don’t want to read critical analyses and long-time park fans posting about things they see as wrong with the parks and the general direction of things, go find a site more populated with pixie dusters, sunshine, and unicorns.

tommyhawkins

Angry is not the word I would use to describe how I feel about a ride that'd currently 5 months delayed, considering Gunn has made a while other movie and TV series, it's kinda shocking it's not years behind schedule. Now if it was ready and standing but not operating for six months like they did with Rat ride. Then I'd be angry

lazyboy97o

Considering the poster in question loves everything they are going to Epcot and WDW in general, I won’t lose a wink of sleep continuing to be critical of this and many, many other things. If you don’t want to read critical analyses and long-time park fans posting about things they see as wrong with the parks and the general direction of things, go find a site more populated with pixie dusters, sunshine, and unicorns.
We just don’t realize that sidewalks are a major feat of engineering.

Casper Gutman

Angry is not the word I would use to describe how I feel about a ride that'd currently 5 months delayed, considering Gunn has made a while other movie and TV series, it's kinda shocking it's not years behind schedule. Now if it was ready and standing but not operating for six months like they did with Rat ride. Then I'd be angry
This attraction was announced in mid-2017. It's horribly delayed, years behind any reasonable schedule, and Gunn is absolutely not the reason.

I honestly do not understand folks who knew WDW 10 years ago (let alone 20 years ago) and not notice that something is very wrong in the parks. I spent a significant amount of time in each park last year. Overall, MK and EPCOT are not pleasant experiences, despite the fact that each still hosts a plethora of classic attractions. AK and MGM have obvious problems, but they can still offer guests a very enjoyable time.

James Alucobond

Overall, MK and EPCOT are not pleasant experiences, despite the fact that each still hosts a plethora of classic attractions. AK and MGM have obvious problems, but they can still offer guests a very enjoyable time.
I had the exact opposite experience last time I went, though it was just prior to the shutdown. Magic Kingdom and EPCOT were quite pleasant aside from the EPCOT construction zone, but Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios were extremely problematic with the insanity surrounding the combination of Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, and the very recent opening of Runaway Railway. I'd never seen people push, shove, and run at park open for Animal Kingdom before.

Disstevefan1

While I agree that folks should be able to express frustration over the things that are, well, frustrating about this project, the idea that they're painting this "over and over" again is a fiction that we shouldn't be perpetuating. They painted it copper and changed their minds, switching to charcoal. One change. If you want to say that their tendency to get color wrong around the parks in general is a growing problem (e.g. this, Cinderella castle, etc.), then fine.
Well I guess Disney can make a single color change feel like multiple color changes to me. Maybe it was repair, prime, paint and repeat makes it feel like multiple times, and if you want to call it one change that’s fine, but whatever they are doing, it’s taking too long.

This Guardians Project and the whole “reimagine EPCOT“ is taking too long. What a mess. All this work, for all this time, for something that will be……. Meh.

What will be longer? The pandemic, reimagine EPCOT or TRON and the WDW Railroad?

Vinnie Mac

Oh dear god, those are among the worst shirts to see in the parks. Absolutely no class. "Look at us, we're so funny!" but it only highlights how utterly stupid and clueless they are. I'm also over the "Most Expensive Day Ever" shirts.
God I hate those etsy shirts. We get it, you paid a lot of money to be here but guess what, so did everyone else around you. The "it means no money, for the rest of your trip" shirt I saw in October was kinda funny though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom