News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Incomudro

Considering I don't like Harry Potter, I quite enjoyed Gringotts. Thought the effects were good, but the story-line wasn't the best. Perhaps because I have no connection with the characters, I got no pleasure from seeing them appear (I assume they all feature heavily in the movie?). It just felt like a lot of shouting (much like Transformers) but I enjoyed the actual effects and a friend of mine being terrified. The queue is excellent I must say, some very impressive AA's.
I feel that if I had a connection to the characters and films, I would have enjoyed the ride.
Other riders who were clearly into the films enjoyed it immensely.
That's a flaw of the ride I suppose, that it doesn't work very well if you're not into the films.
The effects and queue were indeed excellent.

RSoxNo1

How long is Gringotts? I would think that Gringotts and Mummy (2200 ft) are probably the closest comps and we know this ride is going to be around 5000 feet.

wutisgood

Gringotts was somewhat criticized initially but would probably be considered a landmark attraction these days as a coaster not so far off what ride of the resistance is to the trackless ride. Universal just has much higher expectations to deliver vs the people willing to give disney a pass.

Epcot82Guy

The only thing Gringotts is missing imo is a good coaster part at the end. Wouldve been a 10/10 to me if they had that.
I agree. The first part feels like build up and then no end. Given the track length, I'm hopeful GotG will solve that problem, as it should be more like Gringott's and Space Mountain's child.

We'll have to see if it is more gimmick or legitimate fun for re-ride value. And it still doesn't solve the placement, sightlines or IMHO absolutely terrible story concept given the park it's in. (But Disney gave up on those things a couple years ago.). At least they hopefully learned from Universal and fixed that one aspect.

ToTBellHop

Gringotts was somewhat criticized initially but would probably be considered a landmark attraction these days as a coaster not so far off what ride of the resistance is to the trackless ride. Universal just has much higher expectations to deliver vs the people willing to give disney a pass.
I find the exact opposite. Universal gets a pass everywhere EXCEPT Potter. Disney is held to a much higher standard (and they, unfortunately, have missed that mark more often than not recently).

Potter is expected to be exceptional and more immersive than anything else in their parks. Universal chose to tackle it.

But look at the garbage Universal calls a nighttime spectacular. We may criticize Harm, but it is still the best nighttime entertainment in Orlando.

Touchdown

I find the exact opposite. Universal gets a pass everywhere EXCEPT Potter. Disney is held to a much higher standard (and they, unfortunately, have missed that mark more often than not recently).

Potter is expected to be exceptional and more immersive than anything else in their parks. Universal chose to tackle it.

But look at the garbage Universal calls a nighttime spectacular. We may criticize Harm, but it is still the best nighttime entertainment in Orlando.
I have yet to see the regular fountain show, but the Halloween versions (particularly the 2019 one) were fantastic. The Christmas projection show on Hogwarts is also fantastic. The other ones are pretty good too. Given they can’t shoot off too much pyro due to their neighbors I think they do the best they can. Those shows I just described are as good if not better then AK’s offerings that have that same restriction.

Last edited:

Incomudro

I agree. The first part feels like build up and then no end. Given the track length, I'm hopeful GotG will solve that problem, as it should be more like Gringott's and Space Mountain's child.

We'll have to see if it is more gimmick or legitimate fun for re-ride value. And it still doesn't solve the placement, sightlines or IMHO absolutely terrible story concept given the park it's in. (But Disney gave up on those things a couple years ago.). At least they hopefully learned from Universal and fixed that one aspect.
Yes, there's definitely a build up that goes unrewarded.

EPCOTCenterLover

I felt Gringotts was best compared to Indiana Jones Adventure and not a coaster. As such, it succeeds very well.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Losing the sweet color that UoE has is gonna suck.
rCExUKL.jpg
Switch to Xandar and make the colors Blandar.

tommyhawkins

Pic by Bio from today's flyover

Lots of interesting stuff going on here. My particular interest is the trees they have planted in front of the old entrance to Play Pavillion, even 3-4 metre trees which will mature further over the next ten years or so will make a huge difference to how much of Blue Bae people will see in front of the ride and thats the narrow window in which you can see it all

FHAL9xFWQAM6t2S

James Alucobond

Glad to see it's finally coming together at a reasonable pace.

Interesting that it looks like they're either adding a berm or preparing for landscaping directly behind the building, though. Will that actually mitigate views from somewhere in the park or parking lot, or is that just because Run Disney events sometimes roll through the adjacent backstage area?

TrippedUp

Glad to see it's finally coming together at a reasonable pace.

Interesting that it looks like they're either adding a berm or preparing for landscaping directly behind the building, though. Will that actually mitigate views from somewhere in the park or parking lot, or is that just because Run Disney events sometimes roll through the adjacent backstage area?
You know, my immediate thought when I saw this berm was that they had a lot of dirt from the central excavations and this was as good a place as any to put it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom