News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Very true.

With residential construction, I can often make changes or corrections with just a couple of "This doesn't work, but this will" emails.

The best way to describe commercial projects is to paraphrase Doug Adams. Having a commercial plan corrected or modified requires changed orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. ;)
Beware of Bugblatter Beasts. I hear they are ravenous this time of year.

LittleGiants'16

Very true.

With residential construction, I can often make changes or corrections with just a couple of "This doesn't work, but this will" emails.

The best way to describe commercial projects is to paraphrase Doug Adams. Having a commercial plan corrected or modified requires changed orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. ;)
I can’t speak for your jurisdiction , but here in GA you can do some residential work without a license, without stamped drawings, etc.

You’d get thrown in jail if you did that on a commercial job.

Walt d

Yeah... This is probably the most bizarre official justification for a new attraction I've ever heard. Unless they do some meta thing, it just feels condescending.
Yea’ cant wait to walk through the garden of the galaxy’s. When do they start bringing all the Palm trees and flowers, to plants inside the building??

jpinkc

I hate to say this but we all heard about all the effects and AA's that are supposed to be on the ride, I just want to know whether or not they are still there or if this is now a "Bare Bones" coaster with screens. I was hoping for a coaster that would make Hagrid's look bad. I know the AA's on it are not Disney level but still very cool.

gorillaball

I hate to say this but we all heard about all the effects and AA's that are supposed to be on the ride, I just want to know whether or not they are still there or if this is now a "Bare Bones" coaster with screens. I was hoping for a coaster that would make Hagrid's look bad. I know the AA's on it are not Disney level but still very cool.
"I hate to say this but we all heard about all the effects and AA's that are supposed to be on the ride"
We did? - from what sources?

mergatroid

When and where?

Casper Gutman

I think it would be wise to forget about Hagrids and set your sights on Gringotts. This seems likely to be a Gringotts without show stops.

I think the EW debacle is a confirmation that there will be no AAs in the show building. I, personally, think it is an indication of no AAs period, because I don’t think Disney would go to the trouble of rapidly correcting the article over hairsplitting concerning the precise locations of AAs - the preshow and ride are all part of the attraction, broadly defined. But we’ll see.

Haymarket2008

I think it would be wise to forget about Hagrids and set your sights on Gringotts. This seems likely to be a Gringotts without show stops.

I think the EW debacle is a confirmation that there will be no AAs in the show building. I, personally, think it is an indication of no AAs period, because I don’t think Disney would go to the trouble of rapidly correcting the article over hairsplitting concerning the precise locations of AAs - the preshow and ride are all part of the attraction, broadly defined. But we’ll see.

This is unsurprising but disappointing. Gringotts is a colossal disappointment.

doctornick

This is unsurprising but disappointing. Gringotts is a colossal disappointment.

I'm with you, Gringotts is a big disappointment, really surprising considering how well everything else is done for Potter.

That said, I do expect Cosmic Rewind to be better than Gringotts if only because the movement/orientation of the vehicles should be better integrated with the screens/scenes/action. And because I don't think GOTG will be a rehashing of movie scenes that you can only fully appreciate if you've already seen the movie the way Gringotts is.

If they can combine the type of humor/short scenes that they do at Mission Breakout with roller coaster movement, it will be a very enjoyable ride.

Haymarket2008

I'm with you, Gringotts is a big disappointment, really surprising considering how well everything else is done for Potter.

That said, I do expect Cosmic Rewind to be better than Gringotts if only because the movement/orientation of the vehicles should be better integrated with the screens/scenes/action. And because I don't think GOTG will be a rehashing of movie scenes that you can only fully appreciate if you've already seen the movie the way Gringotts is.

If they can combine the type of humor/short scenes that they do at Mission Breakout with roller coaster movement, it will be a very enjoyable ride.

Yeah that’s my hope for this attraction too.

I find Gringotts to be really sterile and the over reliance on screens is very jarring. What little physical elements they have are basically set dressing for an enormous screen you are plopped in front of. The vast majority of the time is you careening from screen to screen with very little integration. It felt like a cheap thrill.

Incomudro

It's that stopping to watch movie segments that really hurts Gringotts.

mergatroid

It's that stopping to watch movie segments that really hurts Gringotts.
Considering I don't like Harry Potter, I quite enjoyed Gringotts. Thought the effects were good, but the story-line wasn't the best. Perhaps because I have no connection with the characters, I got no pleasure from seeing them appear (I assume they all feature heavily in the movie?). It just felt like a lot of shouting (much like Transformers) but I enjoyed the actual effects and a friend of mine being terrified. The queue is excellent I must say, some very impressive AA's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom