News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

flutas

They're pre-written, the other month they F'd up and forgot to delete a section of copy with notes on.
I feel like they're trying to do what Joe used to do with Instagram, to make zack the relatable celebrity Imagineers only it's much more contrieved than the Authentic stuff Greg and Shelby put out on Velocicoaster.
I think he was being sarcastic. Most people know that he is nothing but a PR puppet (at least his posts on IG, don't want to comment on his actual work).

Castle Cake Apologist

I think he was being sarcastic. Most people know that he is nothing but a PR puppet (at least his posts on IG, don't want to comment on his actual work).

Speaking of, what actually are The Zack's design credits? He just kind of started showing up everywhere one day, but has he actually designed any of this stuff?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
To be clear, I'm laughing at the Bawston accent, not his achievements.
tumblr_pq84rkGriH1u3z0ppo1_500.gifv

Touchdown

If you’re a big thrill person Velocicoaster blows any other coaster in Florida out of the water, at least in terms of pure layout and thrills.
Yup, I’m a jaded coaster enthusiast, and it had been a long time since a coaster took my breath away, blew away my expectations, and completely knocked my socks off (5-7 years, when I rode my first RMC) but Veliciocoaster did. I’ve been on over 300 coasters, and it’s in my top 10 despite my preference for negative g hyper coasters. It is absolutely amazing.

MagicHappens1971

Speaking of, what actually are The Zack's design credits? He just kind of started showing up everywhere one day, but has he actually designed any of this stuff?
His official title is “WDI Portfolio Executive” for WDW. I’m assuming that he kind of just reviews all the projects that go on at WDW? He just posted some spiel about Drawn to Life

lazyboy97o

His official title is “WDI Portfolio Executive” for WDW. I’m assuming that he kind of just reviews all the projects that go on at WDW? He just posted some spiel about Drawn to Life
The portfolio executives are the lead creative for their portfolio. Joe Rohde was Portfolio Executive for Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

gorillaball

Yup, I’m a jaded coaster enthusiast, and it had been a long time since a coaster took my breath away, blew away my expectations, and completely knocked my socks off (5-7 years, when I rode my first RMC) but Veliciocoaster did. I’ve been on over 300 coasters, and it’s in my top 10 despite my preference for negative g hyper coasters. It is absolutely amazing.
And it's not even my favorite coaster within 100 yards of it's location, to each their own. One isn't correct and one isn't incorrect.

Touchdown

And it's not even my favorite coaster within 100 yards of it's location, to each their own. One isn't correct and one isn't incorrect.
Opinions are opinions, like Hagrids better eh? It was a very well themed ride, and I do love its “big event” but on a coaster level it goes down in the fun (and will ride whenever possible) but not amazing category. Without its theming I’m not sure I would still say that, strip Veliciocoaster of its theming and put it up Six Flags style (over a crumbling parking lot) it would still be very high on my list.

SplashJacket

For me, Hagrids and VelociCoaster are the first and second best coasters I’ve ever been on, so, to me, your preference doesn’t discredit VelociCoaster, just shows how amazing Islands became in the last couple of years.

SplashJacket

Six Flags style (over a crumbling parking lot) it would still be very high on my list.
Exactly. The actual coaster itself is spectacular, and then it’s also themed! We were blessed.

I’ve found that you should always ride Hagrid’s before VelociCoaster on any given day. Doing the inverse makes Hagrid’s feel like a kiddie coaster. Harder to appreciate it after the beast that is VelociCoaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom