News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

UNCgolf

Only if you are wanting more theme and less thrill. It is based on what Disney has said, so there is no pessimism intended. Just the reality. Whatever you want to have an opinion on(and we have seen yours posted a few times last page, so no need to keep going) that is fine. I personally would rather a more themed ride too, but Disney themselves, as bad as they are sometimes about marketing something have given us quotes that say this is somewhere between the thrill of RocknRollercoaster and Seven Dwarf's Mine Train, which both have supporting theming but neither have show stops.

I thought 7DMT stopped in the cavern. I've only been on it once, though, so I could be misremembering. Maybe it just moves really slowly.

flutas

It's been done - Time Traveler at Silver Dollar City has been open several years - Rotations at high speed. No show scenes, but that's not the subject matter Hawg G thinks can't happen.

FWIW, there is a difference. Time Traveler is unpowered rotation. Iirc it uses magnets in the station to start the rotation right before drop 1. That being said, I don't see why powered rotation couldn't also be done.

Also, having ridden it just last weekend, Time Traveler is one of my favorite coasters. It's crazy smooth on the track (probably has to be for the rotation gear?), similar to velocicoaster.

lazyboy97o

Indeed, since we have footage of that coaster type being tested and showing that controlled-facing is doable.

This isn't a guess if it exists. It exists. There's video of it. Disney's spending nearly half a billion dollars for it.
Disney isn’t spending that much for the technology. It is already in use on F.L.Y. at Phantasialand in Germany.

Jambo Dad

For every 7 positive opinions there's going to be 1 unnecessarily dramatic negative opinion.

Just say it's not going to impress YOU. Saying that it's not going to impress others is assuming the opinions of millions of people in the future, some of those people who haven't even been to a Disney park yet and may be impressed by dang well anything.
Good thought but 7 to 1 positive seems about 6 too many😆

tommyhawkins

It’s ridiculous that it takes Disney 5 years to build a roller coaster. Especially when part of the building already existed. Virus or not it was going to take 5 years.
It was always going to take 4 years, work began late August 2017 and the ride was meantt o open in August 2021. Disney structure their contracts to spread the cost over as many FY quarters as possible and it is impossible to expedite projects with overtime payments. Don't think I've ever seen Disney put in a night shift on a build like Universal do. So, as I've said before, fully expecting them to open it exactly one year late

peter11435

It was always going to take 4 years, work began late August 2017 and the ride was meantt o open in August 2021. Disney structure their contracts to spread the cost over as many FY quarters as possible and it is impossible to expedite projects with overtime payments. Don't think I've ever seen Disney put in a night shift on a build like Universal do. So, as I've said before, fully expecting them to open it exactly one year late
Disney routinely has construction projects on night shifts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom