News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can think of a ton! But that's because my undergrad degree was in ancient history and I still do a lot of non-fiction history reading. "Decimation" is still used to refer to killing a tenth there, mostly in reference to ancient Rome but not exclusively (because other militaries have done it more recently).

It's a bit different than a word like naughty where the original meaning no longer exists at all in any contemporary usage -- something like naughty, which originally meant that a person had nothing.

I am admittedly being technical, if not outright pedantic! What you're saying is definitely correct for common usage.
I think we're best friends now!!

😉

mitchk

We have come along way since 2018

Attachments

• 760B6A8A-926D-4B3D-972B-0057853F278D.png
    760B6A8A-926D-4B3D-972B-0057853F278D.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 287

MaximumEd

I should have specified which building... I though recently I saw a picture of the front of the Universe Of Energy building and the front was still open and it looked like a shell... I know they have installed some track.
Pretty sure that pic was from some time around 2018.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I should have specified which building... I though recently I saw a picture of the front of the Universe Of Energy building and the front was still open and it looked like a shell... I know they have installed some track.

Here are some pictures from the end of October -

mergatroid

Ah, ok. I did think ? initially as you seem a bright sort of chap :)

jpinkc

I had read somewhere... that the main ride was complete and it was just the boarding areas and Ellens old building was what was left to be done and that was a while back..... maybe I am nuts

Casper Gutman

So maybe I'm late to the party here, but is it true that this ride isn't expected to feature a single AA, either in the pre-show or ride proper? Because that seems to be the credible rumor and it is... not reassuring.

James Alucobond

So maybe I'm late to the party here, but is it true that this ride isn't expected to feature a single AA, either in the pre-show or ride proper? Because that seems to be the credible rumor and it is... not reassuring.
I have no knowledge, but, uh, I find it more surprising that anyone would expect otherwise, I guess? We’ve known for ages it’s super dependent on filmed elements that need to be completed alongside the next film, and WDW’s more thrilling coasters tend to have few or no AAs.

Casper Gutman

I have no knowledge, but, uh, I find it more surprising that anyone would expect otherwise, I guess? We’ve known for ages it’s super dependent on filmed elements that need to be completed alongside the next film, and WDW’s more thrilling coasters tend to have few or no AAs.
Guardians has a heavily touted pre-show (in a massive building) and the property’s two most marketable stars are non-human and ideal for AAs - Disney already built a great robo-rocket. And this isn’t going to be one of Disney’s “more thrilling” coasters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom