News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

October82

I think at night it will work as rumor is it will be a giant projection screen. I personally would be down for Epcot dance parties with music videos and guardian clips on the blue screen but it will most likely be a star field

They're planting landscaping that obscures the direct views from ground-level near the attraction. They're not going to use it as a projection surface.

fgmnt

If they have not filmed for the ride yet, Disney better hope the strike doesn't delay the shoot.

I think they want one of the two remaining in-progress capital projects done in the spring and one done in the fall. You would think Tron would open by Memorial Day and CR would be open by EPCOT 40th, but EPCOT needs attractions like I need to lose 20 pounds--badly and a decade ago.

Re: the gravity building, there are 3 kinds of people on this forum. Those who have not been to EPCOT and can't accurately describe how bad it looks, those who have been to EPCOT and can, and those who have been to EPCOT and are liars. The Taco and Stargate Monument can distract you from it a bit from the eastern part of world showcase, but if you're walking north to World Construction, you can see it very prominently without trying. I was pretty stunned at how obvious it was at even the refreshment outpost, as I wasn't looking for it at all and it stared back at me anyway.

Also a sense of irony at following the pretty well constricted lines to the back of the Mexico show building lead you right to the big blue box!

Vegas Disney Fan

They should have themed the gravity building as a parking garage.

I know you’re joking but I was wondering if it would look better had they “themed” it to a hotel or something… it would look better but would also draw attention to it and be much more noticeable.

I just don’t see a good solution for “hiding” a building this size, other than not building the ride… i still think n building it further east would have helped but people would still complain it’s a big ugly box.

James J

In the Parks
No
If they have not filmed for the ride yet, Disney better hope the strike doesn't delay the shoot.

I think they want one of the two remaining in-progress capital projects done in the spring and one done in the fall. You would think Tron would open by Memorial Day and CR would be open by EPCOT 40th, but EPCOT needs attractions like I need to lose 20 pounds--badly and a decade ago.

Re: the gravity building, there are 3 kinds of people on this forum. Those who have not been to EPCOT and can't accurately describe how bad it looks, those who have been to EPCOT and can, and those who have been to EPCOT and are liars. The Taco and Stargate Monument can distract you from it a bit from the eastern part of world showcase, but if you're walking north to World Construction, you can see it very prominently without trying. I was pretty stunned at how obvious it was at even the refreshment outpost, as I wasn't looking for it at all and it stared back at me anyway.

Also a sense of irony at following the pretty well constricted lines to the back of the Mexico show building lead you right to the big blue box!
GOTG3 began shooting today, so we're closer to getting the ride footage shot.

Epcot82Guy

just short of steel vengance that would be real long.

For some local reference points, it's slightly longer than Hagrid's (though of course much more twisted on itself being indoor and requiring a turn around in the UOE building, which eats up a bit of that). The two sides of Space Mountain combined are about 6400'. Everest is closer to 3900'. So my bets are on a similar ride duration to Hagrid's.

ToTBellHop

For some local reference points, it's slightly longer than Hagrid's (though of course much more twisted on itself being indoor and requiring a turn around in the UOE building, which eats up a bit of that). The two sides of Space Mountain combined are about 6400'. Everest is closer to 3900'. So my bets are on a similar ride duration to Hagrid's.
That would be a very pleasant surprise, if true. Disney doesn’t usually build long coasters, with Incredicoaster a notable exception.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I read that this is 5577 feet long. Is that announced? Quite impressive for Disney, if true.

I keep going back to the Disney official marketing for this ride that notes that the ride is "one of the longest enclosed coasters in the world" (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...alaxy-cosmic-rewind-opening-in-2022-at-epcot/).

If the ride really is/was >5000 ft, it would be THE longest enclosed coaster (and not even by a narrow margin... the current longest enclosed coaster is Mindbender at Galaxyland at 4198 ft). I know Disney is not known to flaunt records (mostly because they generally aren't setting records), but longest indoor coaster is a fair record to flaunt and if this ride is >5000 ft, you'd think they'd be flaunting that fact more directly in the press (unless they feel they need to keep the true length secret until Guiness officially confirms it). I dunno... it's just odd...

If it's truly just "one of the longest indoor coasters" that puts it at a length of only about 3500 to 4000 ft.

Hotamber

They're planting landscaping that obscures the direct views from ground-level near the attraction. They're not going to use it as a projection surface.
I highly doubt that as just about everything in the parks is used as a projection surface plus as it can be seen from world showcase it would still work

ToTBellHop

I keep going back to the Disney official marketing for this ride that notes that the ride is "one of the longest enclosed coasters in the world" (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...alaxy-cosmic-rewind-opening-in-2022-at-epcot/).

If the ride really is/was >5000 ft, it would be THE longest enclosed coaster (and not even by a narrow margin... the current longest enclosed coaster is Mindbender at Galaxyland at 4198 ft). I know Disney is not known to flaunt records (mostly because they generally aren't setting records), but longest indoor coaster is a fair record to flaunt and if this ride is >5000 ft, you'd think they'd be flaunting that fact more directly in the press (unless they feel they need to keep the true length secret until Guiness officially confirms it). I dunno... it's just odd...

If it's truly just "one of the longest indoor coasters" that puts it at a length of only about 3500 to 4000 ft.
I know. It surprised me, too, but it was an oddly precise number. If it was 5000, I’d say that was just a placeholder. But 5577? Actually, “5577.4 ft”?

And now I see RCDB is updated. They are usually pretty accurate. https://rcdb.com/15504.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom