Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwfan4ver

Perhaps finding a space to stash the Leave a Legacy stones that will still have them "on display" or whatever is required? Could that hold up the new entryway/spine development?
There wasn't supposed anything announced for the new entryway at this years D23.

The only plans That was going to going be announced is RAT, very likely GOTG coaster announcement for sure. The only other rumor announcements for Epcot at this years D23 is Brazil Pavilion, and maybe UK Pavilion attraction. The truth is if not all 4 are announced during D23, they could be waiting a couple years for stuff like a UK Pavilion attraction or Brazil Pavilion.

Based on that amount of construction, there is no way for Disney doing a new Entryway and getting a rid of innoventions East and Innoventions West yet.

The new entryway is supposed to be part of a so called phase 2 that insiders mentioned on this site last year.

Last edited:

trainplane3

From what was mentioned earlier in the Epcot changes thread, they were still stuck between a Tron-like design and one other one. I doubt anything has changed in 3 weeks. If they don't know by now, then I doubt there's an announcement in 3 days.

Besides, wasn't the new spine fairly set in stone and is going to happen once they figure out the overall design? I didn't think it had any phases to it?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There wasn't supposed anything announced for the new entryway at this years D23.

The only plans That was going to going be announced is RAT, very likely GOTG coaster announcement for sure. The only other rumor announcements for Epcot at this years D23 is Brazil Pavilion, and maybe UK Pavilion attraction. The truth is if not all 4 are announced during D23, they could be waiting a couple years for stuff like a UK Pavilion attraction or Brazil Pavilion.

Based on that amount of construction, there is no way for Disney doing a new Entryway and getting a rid of innoventions East and Innoventions West yet.

The new entryway is supposed to be part of a so called phase 2 that insiders mentioned on this site last year.
You sure about all that?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Would the Mickey ride be considered a heavy hitter though? I guess on one hand.. the excitement for it is 50/50 though.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the new country. Or Ratatouille. There's a five year wait on that right? Disney may have wanted to have it open in 2019 (when the deal expires) but maybe can not start construction until then?

There is a 7 or 8 year wait on the new country to WS. One issue is that Castaway Cay has certain advantages not being a full fledged nation state vis a vis the taxes. Right now, quite a few seem to think that Canada wouldn't miss Nova Scotia. Regardless, once control of the country is achieved, making a pavilion that matches the new country is a piece of cake. One of the reasons, Nova Scotia is leading the pack with regards to other parcels of land on this big blue ball is that a great spot to build a metric crap tonne of roller coasters and high end poutine places on the outskirts of Halifax has been found. You get the idea. Make the coasters and expensive comfort food eateries part of the "culture" of the place and then you can build a country with incredibly over priced comfort food and finally add a big thrill to the retiree walkabout/drunkytown area of Disney World without compromising thematic integrity, making both purists and thrill ride fans pleased. However, such a plan requires time. The other possibility is annexing part of Hawaii since Disney has a military base cleverly disguised as a resort in that location already. Of course, the time frame could be shortened if construction started during the military takeover/admission to the UN bit.....you do need to know precisely which parcel of land is going to be yours though.

Rodan75

"Disney Theme Park California" (DCA)

"Disney Theme Park Florida" (DHS)

"Disney Theme Park Paris" (WDS)

I'm assuming you mean that 'Theme Park' would get replaced with something and that all 3 parks would be a 'family' similar to 'Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Shanghai, etc...

Herbie

There is a 7 or 8 year wait on the new country to WS. One issue is that Castaway Cay has certain advantages not being a full fledged nation state vis a vis the taxes. Right now, quite a few seem to think that Canada wouldn't miss Nova Scotia. Regardless, once control of the country is achieved, making a pavilion that matches the new country is a piece of cake. One of the reasons, Nova Scotia is leading the pack with regards to other parcels of land on this big blue ball is that a great spot to build a metric crap tonne of roller coasters and high end poutine places on the outskirts of Halifax has been found. You get the idea. Make the coasters and expensive comfort food eateries part of the "culture" of the place and then you can build a country with incredibly over priced comfort food and finally add a big thrill to the retiree walkabout/drunkytown area of Disney World without compromising thematic integrity, making both purists and thrill ride fans pleased. However, such a plan requires time. The other possibility is annexing part of Hawaii since Disney has a military base cleverly disguised as a resort in that location already. Of course, the time frame could be shortened if construction started during the military takeover/admission to the UN bit.....you do need to know precisely which parcel of land is going to be yours though.

Is there something you're not understanding or are you generally just a jackass?

wdwfan4ver

You sure about all that?
I was going by what you and other insiders mentioned for this years D23 for Epcot. I never pretended by an insider. You mentioned GOTG, RAT, Brazil. I believe you mentioned UK attraction. I know mentioned stuff like the spine, and Mission:space date for Epcot, but I didn't recalled you mentioning those 2 things for D23 though.

The Phase 2 thing was something that you or another insider on this site mentioned on the forums for Epcot. I did a search and it actually mistaken it for phase 2 for Guardians of the Galaxy you mentioned that had it take the place of Wonders of Life.

Last edited:

Herbie

Could there not be a third option?
@George is neither a dumba$$, nor a jacka$$.

The reason we all love him is because he is occasionally a smart .... Maybe you just don't "get" him. And that makes me sad for you.

Don't feel sad; I'll live. I "get" humor. Although sent while on the road, my original post was well thought out enough to not be dismissed and lampooned with the amount of time it took to criticize my writing style. Some of us reach our thoughts in an unconventional manner (in "real time", in my case) and express them accordingly. In any case, I'd prefer focusing on the topic at hand and actually addressing constructive comments. Forgive me, but I don't have a steady fan base here; I'm not going to be encouraged when called out by those who don't "get" me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom