Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
If all we get is something just like Rock n Roller Coaster and they wasted all this money and space to not even overlay that.......I'll will lose my GD mind
I feel like with this ride, they can't afford it being cheap or just another Rock n Roller Coaster. What I mean by that is, due to the Internet backlash of the idea of gotg coming to Epcot, effort in this project needs to be 110%. I'm in the camp of let's see where this could go, but I'll also lose my mind as well if it feels cheap or just like RnRC.

geekza

I feel like with this ride, they can't afford it being cheap or just another Rock n Roller Coaster. What I mean by that is, due to the Internet backlash of the idea of gotg coming to Epcot, effort in this project needs to be 110%. I'm in the camp of let's see where this could go, but I'll also lose my mind as well if it feels cheap or just like RnRC.

I think we need to remember, though, that only a small percentage of folks even go onto the Internet to discuss Disney attractions. The vast majority of folks won't care as long as they have something they recognize (Guardians) and a thrill ride for the adrenaline junkie crowd. EPCOT Center in the 1980's was a triumph of imagination and intelligence but those sadly did not translate to dollars the way that a thrill ride based upon popular IP will. At least we will have our memories.

Timothy_Q

I think we need to remember, though, that only a small percentage of folks even go onto the Internet to discuss Disney attractions. The vast majority of folks won't care as long as they have something they recognize (Guardians) and a thrill ride for the adrenaline junkie crowd. EPCOT Center in the 1980's was a triumph of imagination and intelligence but those sadly did not translate to dollars the way that a thrill ride based upon popular IP will. At least we will have our memories.

You can still merge theme and IP in a succesfull way. It doesn't all have to be thrown out the window. See TDS.

BlindChow

Inside Out is basically a Cranium Command movie.
No.

Cranium Command dealt strictly with the physical processes of running a human body.

Inside Out was based purely on a person's emotions, a more metaphysical concept not addressed at all inside WoL, from what I remember.

Even Pete Docter distanced himself from Cranium Command by talking about how fundamentally different the two were.

BlindChow

Not only that, but the contract gives exclusive rights to the characters (and their close family) to Universal as long as they were not already being used by some other park. And Disney will be using them (or at least announcing to use them) in their own park before Infinity War comes out.
*starts a petition to get Universal to announce a Guardians ride before next Friday*

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
*starts a petition to get Universal to announce a Guardians ride before next Friday*

Well Uni is said to be getting another Potter ride; an inverted sfx coaster with darkride show scenes and special coaster drop/spin elements. Similar to what is rumored for Guardians. It's a cat and mouse game. Disney wants to "up" their coaster count and Uni wants to beat them at it with the "better IP."

My point is; I don't think it much matters. Lately Uni is in full on "Anything you can do I can do better" mode. And both parks are gearing up for coaster-fied showdown. It'll be interesting to see which company announces their coaster(s) first.

Last edited:

cjkeating

The Guardians launched coaster seems even more bizarre now we have the Tron launched coaster going into the MK.

I know parks can have multiple people movers etc. but it looks like WDW will soon have 3 launched coaster than end with a gravity section in a large shed, two of them opening within a year(ish)of each other.

MaxW

Just remember, GOTG will be in an Avengers movie next year, and that will give the rights to the movie, theme park wise, to Universal.
If that were true, disney wouldn't be making a attraction after it. I imagined this gray area of the contract was ironed out behind the scenes before the first guardians movie came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom