Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

po1998

If they decide to use the UoE bldg for GotG queue/pre-show, my guess is a lot of it gets walled off,and becomes wasted/backstage space. It is a mammoth bldg...if part of it is not walled off, it's going to be the world's longest indoor queue.

bclane

Now that we are pretty sure it will be GotG, I wanted to throw this out there in case it hasn't already been said. I imagine James Gunn will be involved again as he was on the Disneyland ride and to me that means that what we get will be true to the characters and heart of the IP. The guy is gonna make sure the experience is pure awesome sauce no matter how bad the fit in FW. So there's that.

Biff215

Now that we are pretty sure it will be GotG, I wanted to throw this out there in case it hasn't already been said. I imagine James Gunn will be involved again as he was on the Disneyland ride and to me that means that what we get will be true to the characters and heart of the IP. The guy is gonna make sure the experience is pure awesome sauce no matter how bad the fit in FW. So there's that.
Only problem is he will still be restricted by the budget and ride system that Disney chooses, much like any Imagineer. The best intentions and ideas don't always have the same end result unfortunately. Hoping for the best obviously.

lazyboy97o

The problem with good attractions in poor places is that they undermine the very concept of a theme park.

PizzaPlanet

Preshows. Several actually. And queues. And switchbacks. And queues. And load / unload. And queues.
How about some show scenes before the coaster goes to full speed, like the Mummy at Universal?
The other one I'm aware of this time around was about the big bang and energy - the event, not the TV show.
Maybe they could get a 2 for 1 deal with CBS! :hilarious:

Alex S.

Just remember, GOTG will be in an Avengers movie next year, and that will give the rights to the movie, theme park wise, to Universal.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just remember, GOTG will be in an Avengers movie next year, and that will give the rights to the movie, theme park wise, to Universal.

That is not definite. Just having them appear in the movie may not be enough for them to be considered part of the Avengers family.

Not only that, but the contract gives exclusive rights to the characters (and their close family) to Universal as long as they were not already being used by some other park. And Disney will be using them (or at least announcing to use them) in their own park before Infinity War comes out.

sedati

I will say, anything going in that building that might be popular needs an indoor queue. I remember when UOE was shiny and new and waiting outside the preshow was like standing in an oven- might have to do with how well they aligned it for maximum sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom