Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haymarket2008

The other one I'm aware of this time around was about the big bang and energy - the event, not the TV show.

They were considering this again?? As in a month ago, when the Guardians plans were in jeopardy? I knew about this plan from several years ago from the fantastic concept art you shared.

Goofyernmost

I can just imagine the conversations going on in the former UoE building a few years from now.

Me: "Kids, I remember back in 1982 when this building contained cool robot dinosaurs and interesting films about energy. I'm so glad it's now a place where I can walk back and forth endlessly through switchbacks, pausing only occasionally to play a touchscreen game similar to what we play on our phones except with extra germs! Progress!"

Person behind me: "Me like fast coaster. *COUGH* *SPIT*" /Wipes loogie on $75 t-shirt he has purchased from the Marvel gift shop outside the ride.
I do remember the cool robot dinosaurs, still there btw, but, until Ellen came in there were absolutely no interesting films about energy, just one long infomercial for Exxon. It, to me, was the most commercial pavilion in all of WDW.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I do remember the cool robot dinosaurs, still there btw, but, until Ellen came in there were absolutely no interesting films about energy, just one long infomercial for Exxon. It, to me, was the most commercial pavilion in all of WDW.
I didn't know Exxon of 1982 were into solar energy and nuclear fission.

It's a popular misconception the original pavilion was about petrol. Half the entire attraction - including preshow and diorama - was about renewable energy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So what's the status on the guardians of the galaxy ride now overtaking ellen?

Yes, a GotG coaster is still slated to take Ellen's place. The coaster will be in a new building to be built behind UoE and WoL. The current UoE building will be gutted to make a giant queue with several preshows plus the loading/unloading area.

Goofyernmost

I didn't know Exxon of 1982 were into solar energy and nuclear fission.
A very small portion of a 45 minute show, Martin. It was the driest show ever and offered so many things that we already knew coupled with implying how lucky we were to have Exxon working for our benefit. Pretty much around the same time they were forced to clean up the Valdez mess in Alaska. I was then, and remain, unimpressed.

HMF

That's why with the sign they can use the "MARVEL" Colors to identify what they are promoting
Mission-Breakout-Summer-of-Heroes-500x500.jpg

However, HKDL's summer of Heroes event is using the MARVEL name in it's ads...
1487626035_1293.jpg

Annnd Here's DL's Ad..
061317_10.jpg
Sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom