Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveeeeed

Well, my experience might have been a little better if the woman in the front row wasn't breastfeeding her young child.
Interesting experience that's for sure. Nothing wrong with it, but I see why she chose specifically to breastfeed there. Isn't going to work on the Rock n' Rollercoaster.:)

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

That's a bit of an extreme reaction to that specific post.
Yeah probably:hilarious:
I think I'm going to edit it as that's not the reaction I intended my choice of words to receive, but I see why. I also seem to have taken it out of context:banghead:, and for that I apologize.

rle4lunch

I'm sure that Disney's risk matrix is much higher than that of Uni. They have a lot more to lose. That alone slows projects down. I'm not sticking up for Disney's turtle pace on their projects and willingness to milk out a ride for 15 years longer than they should before updating it, but I could definitely see their ORM standards having a lot more scrutiny than other entertainment companies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Eyeballing it in Google Earth, that's about 40 meters (130 feet) tall.

upload_2017-7-7_12-12-58.png

Princess Leia

I mentioned this in the France thread, but Wonders of Life would be so relevant today if Disney just got off their butts to make it happen. Health (both mental and physical) is majorly important. From nutrition, to sports, to general exercise (like all those races Disney hosts....), to the very important discussion of one's mental health, health is everywhere. I think the line's a little fuzzy between The Land and Wonders for where food should be discussed (Living with the Land has the plants and the restaurant, but Wonders is currently the host pavilion for F&W and F&G), but with a little tweaking, there can still be a nutritional (and F&W) presence.

First things first: the circus theme has got to go. It's dated, and has nothing to do with the wonders of life (unless you count a trapeze artist doing flips 100 feet above the air without a safety net). I'm not sure how I would personally redecorate it, but it should look timeless.

Secondly, include a space for year-round cooking and baking demonstrations. Pass out healthy recipe cards. Encourage audience participation (idk, some lucky guests will assist in the safer aspects, away from sharp things and fire). This nutrition area should also include some games/activities based on MyPlate and serving sizes (I did 4H for 10 years, and while I always participated in nutritional judging and projects, I was constantly astounded about how we overeat).

Thirdly, bring back the exercise area. It should attract all ages. Bikes, trampolines, balance beams (not too high off the ground of course), and anything to test your speed. Kids love to find out how fast they can run or throw. This could also be a permanent residence of RunDisney, giving guests the opportunity to learn more about it.

Now, in terms of the attractions themselves, Inside Out is practically screaming to go into Cranium Command. It could have 5 stellar AAs, and it would be a hit. Big Hero 6 is the other recent film that could become a Wonders of Life attraction, albeit a ride. The Body Wars simulators would actually be a decent fix there, but a) they're gone, and b) I think Big Hero 6 deserves its own original attraction (and not the whip ride that is going to Japan).

The only thing I really cannot figure out what to do with is The Making of Me theater.

JEANYLASER

I mentioned this in the France thread, but Wonders of Life would be so relevant today if Disney just got off their butts to make it happen. Health (both mental and physical) is majorly important. From nutrition, to sports, to general exercise (like all those races Disney hosts....), to the very important discussion of one's mental health, health is everywhere. I think the line's a little fuzzy between The Land and Wonders for where food should be discussed (Living with the Land has the plants and the restaurant, but Wonders is currently the host pavilion for F&W and F&G), but with a little tweaking, there can still be a nutritional (and F&W) presence.

First things first: the circus theme has got to go. It's dated, and has nothing to do with the wonders of life (unless you count a trapeze artist doing flips 100 feet above the air without a safety net). I'm not sure how I would personally redecorate it, but it should look timeless.

Secondly, include a space for year-round cooking and baking demonstrations. Pass out healthy recipe cards. Encourage audience participation (idk, some lucky guests will assist in the safer aspects, away from sharp things and fire). This nutrition area should also include some games/activities based on MyPlate and serving sizes (I did 4H for 10 years, and while I always participated in nutritional judging and projects, I was constantly astounded about how we overeat).

Thirdly, bring back the exercise area. It should attract all ages. Bikes, trampolines, balance beams (not too high off the ground of course), and anything to test your speed. Kids love to find out how fast they can run or throw. This could also be a permanent residence of RunDisney, giving guests the opportunity to learn more about it.

Now, in terms of the attractions themselves, Inside Out is practically screaming to go into Cranium Command. It could have 5 stellar AAs, and it would be a hit. Big Hero 6 is the other recent film that could become a Wonders of Life attraction, albeit a ride. The Body Wars simulators would actually be a decent fix there, but a) they're gone, and b) I think Big Hero 6 deserves its own original attraction (and not the whip ride that is going to Japan).

The only thing I really cannot figure out what to do with is The Making of Me theater.

I think that Big hero 6 will be perfect for Wonders of Life Attraction in Epcot is going to be awesome ride!

Daveeeeed

So much is happening!!! What an exciting Friday! :)
It sure is!!!

I honestly want Inside Out to go there. I guarantee most people opposing IPs would be onboard if Wonders of Life comes to life again with Inside Out. Posts like this are what make this forum so good. Thank you for the great read!

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, they're doing one in California and they can't use "Marvel" there, either. Can't use it for a theme park in all of the U.S. That's why Anaheim is currently having a "Summer of Heroes" and not a "Marvel Summer."

That's why with the sign they can use the "MARVEL" Colors to identify what they are promoting
Mission-Breakout-Summer-of-Heroes-500x500.jpg

However, HKDL's summer of Heroes event is using the MARVEL name in it's ads...
1487626035_1293.jpg

Annnd Here's DL's Ad..
061317_10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom