Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sorry if this has already been asked, but doesn't this fall into the Marvel characters can't appear at WDW because of the old deal with Universal?

Universal does not have exclusive rights to all the Marvel characters, they only have the rights to the ones they are currently using, or ones that are in the same family. So for example Big Hero Six has no connection to other Marvel characters (at least not that I know of), so Disney can, and has, used those characters at WDW. On the other hand, Iron Man is clearly part of the Avengers and since Uni is using Hulk and Captain America, Iron Man is off limits to WDW. GotG is in the middle. In the comics GotG characters do have some connections to characters that Uni is using and it's further complicated by the fact that there are two different incarnations of GoTG in the comics.

Kman101

I was just watching the Horizon's video (Thank you Martin!) and it is amazing they built that pavilion from the ground up in the space of a year and 10 months, but it took longer than that to do Frozstrum? That is remarkable....How the world has changed since 1983...

Right? It's crazy how long it takes. They were better off doing a new build (which they did for a meet and greet) for it. I lol at Disney's idea of "rushing" a project.

rle4lunch

I was just watching the Horizon's video (Thank you Martin!) and it is amazing they built that pavilion from the ground up in the space of a year and 10 months, but it took longer than that to do Frozstrum? That is remarkable....How the world has changed since 1983...

blame the lawyers. lol. and the unions. and the union lawyers. and and the over-reaching state/federal regulations. I'm surprised we all don't have to wear bike helmets by now, even on the dark rides.

ToTBellHop

blame the lawyers. lol. and the unions. and the union lawyers. and and the over-reaching state/federal regulations. I'm surprised we all don't have to wear bike helmets by now, even on the dark rides.
Yes, I hate worker safety. And weekends. And the fact that my kids aren't allowed to work in a factory. And my retirement account. And health insurance.

Everything you mention is misguided. Universal built the Transformers ride in 12 months recently under the control of everything you listed. If Disney takes too long to build, the fault lies in what differs between Disney and Universal.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yes, I hate worker safety. And weekends. And the fact that my kids aren't allowed to work in a factory. And my retirement account. And health insurance.

Everything you mention is misguided. Universal built the Transformers ride in 12 months recently under the control of everything you listed. If Disney takes too long to build, the fault lies in what differs between Disney and Universal.

Transformers is just a boring warehouse with no theming and a bunch of screens. ;)

Hey. Someone was going to say it anyways. Might as well be me in a sarcastic sorta way. :D

brb1006

I forgot WDW and DL used to build attractions that quick.

ABQ

If you want to really think of quick, look at the timelines on the original build out of WDW... The Polynesian hotel took about 6 months...The entire resrt was a little over 2 years.
that was certainly very fast for the Poly. Though the build off site and stack into the framework manner of construction of the resort certainly paved way for that swift construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom