Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think it is fair to point out that what you think might not be great may be great to others specifically because we have no way to judge the information.
That's right. You don't. Obviously it's in my opinion. I thought that went without saying. You're kind of stating the obvious.

At the end of the day I don't ask anyone to believe me or my opinion. That's an educated personal choice.

Last edited:

Kman101

And in terms of Frozen, it's not the godawful ride some make it out to be, but with the money likely spent on it, it deserved better. It's misplaced. And there's no reason they needed to keep the same rickety ride system. And no reason that it wasn't a new build. The ride itself would work if it say replaced Snow White's Scary Adventure, but it could have been a lot better. The animatronics are nice. It's not a total book report ride. But it could and should have been more (and I notice that I often say this about several new attractions they've built, which, while good and passable, could be a lot better if they didn't budget cut everything -- while still spending a heckuva lot of money). They have got to stop looking for quick fixes.

EDIT: Like with Rat (if it doesn't replace Impressions), Frozen could have been an EXTENSION of Norway (not ideal but still ...). No reason the meet and greet area also couldn't have housed a Frozen mini-land and ride. They could have updated Maelstrom to an epic tale about Vikings. They take the easy way out. That's why so many of us get frustrated. Especially when management knows these parks need ADDED capacity. They'd just rather move staff and budget from one attraction to the next instead of adding.

Magic Feather

@jt04 , FWiW, I know the plan @marni1971 was not that fond of, and I will admit, it has its negatives, but I did not find it to be as bad as Martin. Now, it still was far, far from the best plan, but that does go to show that there can be a difference of opinions. As of now, between the spine and energy projects having (some debatable) hope, the land refresh, the new dining: space, the new WS Pavillion, Rat, and a few others, EPCOT's future is looking brighter than initially expected.

FigmentForver96

@jt04 , FWiW, I know the plan @marni1971 was not that fond of, and I will admit, it has its negatives, but I did not find it to be as bad as Martin. Now, it still was far, far from the best plan, but that does go to show that there can be a difference of opinions. As of now, between the spine and energy projects having (some debatable) hope, the land refresh, the new dining: space, the new WS Pavillion, Rat, and a few others, EPCOT's future is looking brighter than initially expected.

Did you just drop a hint? :eek:

HMF

Brighter in terms of better than now or brighter as in going back to it's roots?

HMF

In my opinion, better than now. It won't be 1982. It'll be its own self. That's better than a hodgepodge like we have now.
I don't really want it to be 1982 I want the spirit that the park was founded on. Hope and optimism for the future. Something this world needs really badly right now. As long as it gives me the same feeling I had riding Spaceship Earth in 1999, I will be fine.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Is the ":" a clue? Will the dining be located in Mission:Space?

cjkeating

Thanks for the summary... but why won't they do something about Imagination?!

pax_65

I don't really want it to be 1982 I want the spirit that the park was founded on. Hope and optimism for the future. Something this world needs really badly right now. As long as it gives me the same feeling I had riding Spaceship Earth in 1999, I will be fine.

^THIS - almost word for word what I was thinking. When you went to Epcot years ago, you came away thinking "Anything is possible, the future is so bright!" What do you feel now? "Soarin' is cool?", "Beer is good?", I just don't even know. I spend half my time in Futureworld remembering how the park used to be. :(

Movielover

^THIS - almost word for word what I was thinking. When you went to Epcot years ago, you came away thinking "Anything is possible, the future is so bright!" What do you feel now? "Soarin' is cool?", "Beer is good?", I just don't even know. I spend half my time in Futureworld remembering how the park used to be. :(

That's what the beer is for. The more you drink, the more Future world starts to look like a beautiful woman...
*burp!

Sorry what are we talking *hicup about?

:hungover:

pax_65

That's what the beer is for. The more you drink, the more Future world starts to look like a beautiful woman...
*burp!

Sorry what are we talking *hicup about?

:hungover:

Food and Wine is a fun craft beer festival. Granted it has a $100+ entrance fee, but it's still a good time. I would like to see some better Belgian beers, though.

So FutureWorld becomes the walkway you pass through to get to the beer festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom