Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kman101

Most of Future World's problems outside of the Seas are mostly aesthetic rather than thematic. Fix the aesthetic stuff ASAP. Wait for someone with vision to fix the thematic stuff.

Agreed. The awful color scheme, the tarps, the stage at the fountain, the tombstones out front ...

And for me it's a tossup between The Seas, Energy and Imagination which could use the work first, but I think the Seas is the one that can continue. It still has nice fish tanks to visit inside and Nemo's not awful (ducks and hides) but I hate the "Where's Nemo" storyline. It could have been done better if they insist on sticking with Nemo and Friends. As much as people want Imagination to get fixed, I think we're better off having it stick around as is for a while because I don't trust them with the replacement and I could see many being very disappointed.

HMF

Agreed. The awful color scheme, the tarps, the stage at the fountain, the tombstones out front ...

And for me it's a tossup between The Seas, Energy and Imagination which could use the work first, but I think the Seas is the one that can continue. It still has nice fish tanks to visit inside and Nemo's not awful (ducks and hides) but I hate the "Where's Nemo" storyline. It could have been done better if they insist on sticking with Nemo and Friends. As much as people want Imagination to get fixed, I think we're better off having it stick around as is for a while because I don't trust them with the replacement and I could see many being very disappointed.
Nemo is the worst thematic offender in my opinion. Energy is out-dated but it fits. and Imagination fits the theme, It's just an awful ride.

Rodan75

Exactly. Future World can limp along a little longer. I'd hate to see the gut job done to Imagination and Energy under the current mandates.

Except the current regime didn't do that to Imagination. This is the regime that did Pandora and Shanghai Pirates and is doing SWE. (they also did GotG:MB, but more good than bad)

HMF

Except the current regime didn't do that to Imagination. This is the regime that did Pandora and Shanghai Pirates and is doing SWE. (they also did GotG:MB, but more good than bad)
All of which are tied to an IP.

Kman101

I understand that but I don't trust them with Imagination. I'd love them to prove me wrong. I love Inside Out and think it could fit in Epcot but you'd be OK with them getting rid of Figment for Inside Out? That's likely what they'd do. I have little faith that they'd go with a revamp of Figment, though I'd love nothing more. And they seem to want Guardians for the Energy building. The ride may be great but how is that good? Guardians should go to Tomorrowland or DHS.

@HMF I don't necessarily disagree that Nemo doesn't fit, it doesn't, but I doubt it's going anywhere. I look at it that if we're stuck with it, they could have at least done it better. I don't really gripe over it.

Reactions: HMF

Rodan75

I understand that but I don't trust them with Imagination. I'd love them to prove me wrong.

Honestly, I don't trust anyone to get Imagination right at this point. But only because the original cannot be recreated or reinvented in a way that will restore that nostalgia.

I trust them to do something interesting and fun out of Energy.

HMF

I understand that but I don't trust them with Imagination. I'd love them to prove me wrong. I love Inside Out and think it could fit in Epcot but you'd be OK with them getting rid of Figment for Inside Out? That's likely what they'd do. I have little faith that they'd go with a revamp of Figment, though I'd love nothing more. And they seem to want Guardians for the Energy building. The ride may be great but how is that good? Guardians should go to Tomorrowland or DHS.

@HMF I don't necessarily disagree that Nemo doesn't fit, it doesn't, but I doubt it's going anywhere. I look at it that if we're stuck with it, they could have at least done it better. I don't really gripe over it.
I wouldn't mind some Nemo presence if they hadn't literally invaded the Pavilion with it. IF they had just added one or two Nemo Attractions and kept the Living Seas name and aesthetic, It would be fine.

yeti

It certainly wasn't for everyone. And not everyone had the attention span or desire sometimes needed. But imagine a park like no other. That looked like no other. And where everything was of a unified look and theme from the trash cans to the benches to the signs. Total theming. Where every pavilion with a ride had a lavish E Ticket. Where everything else was a D. Imagine a single park that had cutting edge, state of the art ride and story telling technology. Think a park that had a Forbidden Journey, Soarin, Test Track, Indy EMV, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Shanghai Pirates and more all in one place. It was a unique place with a unique feel.

It could hold over 25,000 just on its rides and attractions alone at the same time. And had 968 brand new music loops on opening day. The scale was staggering. And it showed.
Not even the Seabase preshow narrator could have put it this well!

HMF

You do understand that this line is begging for trouble, right...?
How, What could be a worse fit (That they can legally use) than Guardians of the Galaxy? I re-worded it to sound less extreme, That was not my intention.

Last edited:

Mike S

I wouldn't mind some Nemo presence if they hadn't literally invaded the Pavilion with it. IF they had just added one or two Nemo Attractions and kept the Living Seas name and aesthetic, It would be fine.
Well at first all that was there was Turtle Talk.

flyakite

IMG_4147.JPG
And had a stage show in the odyssey. And Gardens theatre. And Surprise in the Skies. And Splashtacular...
I miss Surprise in the Skies... those characters on those...what are they called...propeller seats! So fun to watch! Sorry off topic.

Last edited:

jt04

Most of Future World's problems outside of the Seas are mostly aesthetic rather than thematic. Fix the aesthetic stuff ASAP. Wait for someone with vision to fix the thematic stuff.

Maybe you will get lucky and Uni will build a Future World as its fourth gate. They have enough land that is now just open prairie grasslands. Plenty of room and Disney can finish IPCOT. Win-Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom