Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMF

Um, it's not as hard as it used to be. But it's not like Peter's saying quit and wait around hoping someone else hires you, keep the job while looking for something else ... it's called going to school to better yourself or actually making an effort to find something else. It's not really a naive mindset. I live in a small town and there are a ton of job postings. Tons. Jobs are out there. And especially in the Orlando area. It's called making an effort to better yourself instead of complaining about the job and pay you have. People make themselves feel stuck. I used to feel stuck too.
What are you thinking about when you say it "Used to be". Most entry-level jobs these days are meaningless and you could have a machine do the same thing for a fraction of the price. The era of menial labor is ending. It's a shame American Industry hasn't figured that out yet.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Looks like we might have the first permit for this project. A permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management District today to re-route the canal behind Energy and create two new retention ponds (POND-20 and POND-21). The permit provides the reason for this work as:

"The applicant wishes to reconfigure the existing canal to provide a more-contiguous area for possible future changes to parking capacity and back of house areas. A spur of the existing canal is proposed to be filled so that a more developable area is provided."

It also says:

"The possible future impervious areas were estimated based on manual take-offs of the input received by the applicant. The area where the construction laydown is to be located is assumed to have paved roadways into the area, a number of construction trailers as impervious, and the remainder of area to be gravel."

View attachment 205123
@Magic Feather @WDW1974 - have you heard anything regarding this area?

TheGhostWithTheMost

Um, it's not as hard as it used to be. But it's not like Peter's saying quit and wait around hoping someone else hires you, keep the job while looking for something else ... it's called going to school to better yourself or actually making an effort to find something else. It's not really a naive mindset. I live in a small town and there are a ton of job postings. Tons. Jobs are out there. And especially in the Orlando area. It's called making an effort to better yourself instead of complaining about the job and pay you have. People make themselves feel stuck. I used to feel stuck too.
I don't think you know what you're talking about. I know it's hard to understand, as I assume you are someone who pays thousands of dollars to meet a college intern in a mouse costume or to see robot pirates on a boat, but it's harder out there for people who don't make the money I assume you make. I don't think you have a grasp on the real world.

Reactions: HMF

Kman101

I don't think you know what you're talking about. I know it's hard to understand, as I assume you are someone who pays thousands of dollars to meet a college intern in a mouse costume or to see robot pirates on a boat, but it's harder out there for people who don't make the money I assume you make. I don't think you have a grasp on the real world.

Lol wow. Nice assumption but you couldn't be more wrong. Very wrong assumption. And you should learn how to talk to someone and not down to them that's incredibly rude. How old are you? How many jobs have you had? I don't meet characters and stay at off property resorts. I don't have very much money to throw around at all. It's you who doesn't seem to have a grasp on the real world. You'd rather whine about your life than do anything to better it.

I went six years without a single trip anywhere but day trips here and there to Disney. You have no clue what you're talking about.

TheGhostWithTheMost

Lol wow. Nice assumption but you couldn't be more wrong. Very wrong assumption. How old are you? How many jobs have you had? I don't meet characters and stay at off property resorts. I don't have very much money to throw around at all. It's you who doesn't seem to have a grasp on the real world. You'd rather whine about your life than do anything to better it.
I don't work at Disney, I respect myself too much. I also respect my friends who do work there too much to give a company money that treats people the way that Disney treats it's workers. I understand that you want to keep spending a lot of money to see the reflections of robot ghosts but that doesn't mean that you get to be blind to the facts of how Disney treats it's workers. Sit down.

Kman101

I don't work at Disney, I respect myself too much. I also respect my friends who do work there too much to give a company money that treats people the way that Disney treats it's workers. I understand that you want to keep spending a lot of money to see the reflections of robot ghosts but that doesn't mean that you get to be blind to the facts of how Disney treats it's workers. Sit down.

I see I'm talking to a stubborn brick wall. My mistake. "Sit down"? You're a very rude person. Learn how to talk to people. Grow up a little bit. And I notice you bypassed most of my post in order to talk down to me some more. Good for you?

TheGhostWithTheMost

I see I'm talking to a stubborn brick wall. My mistake. "Sit down"? You're a very rude person. Learn how to talk to people. Grow up a little bit. And I notice you bypassed most of my post in order to talk down to me some more. Good for you?
All I'm trying to convey is that if you have the money to go on a WDW vacation in a decade, you are in a position of entitlement over the cast members who make less than a Walmart worker (who should also make more). I don't care for anyone in that boat to throw around "just get another job" rhetoric because it's an unthought out statement born of easy answer ignorance.

Kman101

All I'm trying to convey is that if you have the money to go on a WDW vacation in a decade, you are in a position of entitlement over the cast members who make less than a Walmart worker (who should also make more). I don't care for anyone in that boat to throw around "just get another job" rhetoric because it's an unthought out statement born of easy answer ignorance.

I understand that. And I've worked at Walmart. I've worked at Lowes and Home Depot. I've worked in restaurants washing dishes. I worked at Checkers. They all deserve to be paid more. But I've looked for other jobs to get better pay. I flew myself to California working full time at Home Depot while paying rent and bills. I took two cruises. And then I did nothing for six years, yes I'm very fortunate but I wasn't making bank.

I understand what you're trying to say. But it is easy (no you can't just snap your fingers and boom you get another job, it takes work, it's not "easy" so to speak but it's not impossible) to "just get another job". It's not an unthought out statement because I've lived it and done it! It's not an easy answer out of ignorance. I agree that some who DO have great paying jobs throw that around but I've actually lived through a lot of what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone else wants to get back to talking about Guardians invading Epcot LOL

PizzaPlanet

Yes. As has (I think) been stated before, but if it hasn't, it is a connector ala RnRC to a new Showbuilding, alongside the new showbuilding. This is for Energy's replacement, although, whether it will be GotG remains to be determined.
I was thinking that energy looked a little small to house a coaster by itself. Would the current building have the queue, load area, and maybe some show scenes before the coaster goes to full speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom