Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWdream97

"Fixing the park" should also reduce the reliance on festivals.
In another post Spirit heavily hinted that Epcot's name will once become "Epcot Center". The big question on everyone's mind is... will it be styleized as "Epcot Center", or the more flashy "EPCOT Center"?

HMF

In another post Spirit heavily hinted that Epcot's name will once become "Epcot Center". The big question on everyone's mind is... will it be styleized as "Epcot Center", or the more flashy "EPCOT Center"?
I would rather them just drop the Epcot name altogether if what they are planning is true. Because to me what they are planning is neither Epcot or EPCOT Center nor is it even worthy of the name and if the last year has taught me anything. It is that the kind of world Epcot once promised is as dead as it can possibly be.

Last edited:

clemmo

This is a salty rumor but I have heard an announcement may well occur October 1 laying out some ( not all) of the EPCOT plans

Interesting that they'd hold off on announcing this at D23. That may be a good thing. Hopefully they announce more on what's happening at DHS (GMR replacement?) and MK (whatever's happening in TL I've lost track of all the rumors there). Then they can announce this on the 35th anniversary.

doctornick

Even so that seems like a tight timeline if they go at average Disney speed. Still though, interesting that this leaped over GOTG in terms of timeline. Imo FW, especially energy, is in much more need of help than WS is.

People are free to disagree, but I would argue that WS is in more desperate need for a new attraction/ride than FW. Yes, FW is a mess and a number of pavilions would benefit from updates or wholesale changes but there's at least a decent amount of "stuff" there to do. WS is popular during festivals but greatly needs more attractions to spread crowds around and entice new and returning guests.

doctornick

So is Guardians slowly being brushed off the table?

It would be nice if they just dropped it entirely from Epcot and pushed it to a new build in DHS. WDW1974 has hinted that there are long term plans to add (the few available) Marvel properties to DHS after Star Wars happens. Might as well consolidate whatever they are going with into one place there.

Princess Leia

Lol. And yes. Rat will have to start this year to open 2019.
I am now way too excited about this (if it actually happens). :joyfull:
World Showcase really needs a ride (or 3) on that side of the park to offset the Frozen (and probably Coco) crowds. We could argue until the cows come home about IP in Epcot, but out of the films to choose from, Rat makes the most sense. Throw in a few more physical pieces to the original ride, and I will be a very happy person.

Last edited:

SpaceMountain77

I just purchased this book:

The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Epcot
Paperback – February 5, 2017

by Aaron Wallace (Author)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0...+193701150X&linkCode=as2&tag=aaronwallaent-20

Learn to Slow Down and Savor the World’s Boldest Theme Park

There’s no place like Epcot. It's the theme park that endeavored to change the world.

Now, more than 30 years later, Aaron Wallace dives deep into the heart of Epcot. Step beyond the typical rush-here, do-that frenzy of most guidebooks to truly appreciate the park’s history, storytelling, and controversies.

The Thinking Fan’s Guide is a lighthearted but scholarly tour through every Epcot ride and show. You’ll learn to unpack big questions like:

• Should a Future World attraction ever take place in the past?
• Are Frozen’s Anna and Elsa holding World Showcase hostage?
• Do Disney characters belong in Epcot?
• Why does the park spend so much time in Ellen DeGeneres’s head?
• Has Epcot lost its way?
• Did the park really change the world?

This is a guide for those ready to immerse themselves in the wondrous achievement of 1982’s EPCOT Center and the multi-faceted, modern-day Epcot it has become.

Longtime Disney buffs will find new insights and surprising perspectives, while newcomers will get more out of their vacations by learning to look at Epcot as a work of art.

Fall in Love with Epcot for the First Time... or All Over Again.

MCast

There was a considered additional element that would have had a bit of (stretched) edutainment, but that getting made is looking less likely by the datpy.

What's the rationale for omitting the (stretched) educational tie? Does management no longer care about Epcot's original vision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom