Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricsBiscuit

I think they closed Horizons because the structure couldn't handle the weight of the ride system and that there was a sink hole. Nothing has been confirmed by Disney as to why it closed, but these are the most popular rumors.

lazyboy97o

I think they closed Horizons because the structure couldn't handle the weight of the ride system and that there was a sink hole. Nothing has been confirmed by Disney as to why it closed, but these are the most popular rumors.
There was no sinkhole and part of Disney's public "justification" for tearing down the showbuilding was that Mission: SPACE was too big (its building is smaller).

DznyRktekt

No. Marni has said this is not the case and the cause of the closure was due to no sponsor and a new sponsor being willing to help build a new attraction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Those rumours are wrong.

Otherwise how could the ride be closed for a year, and then suddenly reopen and stay open for another 3 years until the M:S deal was signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom