Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11435

This is such a ridiculous discussion. The old and new soarin music are essentially the same song with some slight modifications. And the Epcot entrance loop already contains a mix of current and former attraction music. It's ridiculous to be complaining or arguing about this. And yet here we are comparing it to playing Mozart at animal kingdom.

iHeartDisneylandCats

As envisioned, park entrances are meant to alert guests of "coming attractions" like the previews before a movie. Soarin Over California's music is a head-scratcher for me. It's not a classic and not really old enough to trigger much nostalgia (contrast that to the 1982 entrance loop that now plays at park open, which is quite fun). They should use the current score. I am confident that the choice to keep the 2001 Soarin score is not deliberate, but rather a "why bother..." moment.

Of course, I also think it's strange that 17 years later, they still play Tapestry of Nations after IllumiNations. Salt in the wound, perhaps.
When did they start playing the 1982 loop at opening!? I love that loop, and I haven't heard about this until now! Maybe I have been living under a rock.

gmajew

Premium Member
By sanity do you mean allowing Energy to sit in its curr5stale state or changing it and not using the IP?

Something needs to happen to this pavilion now! It is a horrible show right now and needs some love.... If it is not going this route ASAP with the IP then fix it put in a new movie update it and let it run.... Epcot deserves better then what is currently here....

Cesar R M

truth

maybe they are counting the tangled bathrooms as a land?
thatspreetybrutal.png

poor Tangled, all they got for a long time.. was a single bathroom and no attractions.
At least they got something on FOF now.

doctornick

Could sanity have prevailed? Maybe just once?

It would be great if "sanity" reigned and they decided to build a GotG attraction at DHS (or even MK's Tomorrowland, really) where it would be appropriate. With the news about Dr. Strange, they could actually have the start of a decent superhero land.

That said, Energy still needs to be fixed in some way and I'd much rather see GotG in Energy than messing with ToT, so hopefully that isn't what the choice is.

My guess, though, is that GotG is still going into Energy, just not on the timeframe rumored elsewhere.

DinoInstitute

It would be great if "sanity" reigned and they decided to build a GotG attraction at DHS (or even MK's Tomorrowland, really) where it would be appropriate. With the news about Dr. Strange, they could actually have the start of a decent superhero land.

That said, Energy still needs to be fixed in some way and I'd much rather see GotG in Energy than messing with ToT, so hopefully that isn't what the choice is.

My guess, though, is that GotG is still going into Energy, just not on the timeframe rumored elsewhere.
Hopefully if Dr. Strange is very successful they could reconsider plans and think along these (smart!) lines for a DHS land.

Then again, that could also simply mean Dr. Strange in Epcot also...so...

Virtual Toad

By sanity do you mean allowing Energy to sit in its curr5stale state or changing it and not using the IP?

UoE desperately needs an update, but an update that remains true to Epcot's theme. So by sanity I mean that, in spite of their seemingly blatant distaste for theme, that cooler heads might for once prevail and prevent a monumental mistake that would propel Epcot past the point of no return.

A GOTG roller coaster and/or attraction is so ridiculously, totally, indisputably off-theme that it would destroy any future hope of Epcot remaining a theme park at all. GOTG would (I and many others fear) relegate Epcot to Six Flags status.

Amusement parks and theme parks are two totally different beasts. WDW and the Walt Disney Company used to not only understand the difference, they capitalized on it-- and created a whole new class of entertainment. It saddens me to think that folks have forgotten that, or perhaps never learned it in the first place.

As recently as the mid-90s, Epcot was still on track. Destroying Horizons and Journey into Imagination started the process that took the heart and soul out of Future World. Had sanity prevailed back then, and those two attractions had been updated instead of destroyed, Epcot would be a lot stronger today.

Bottom line, you can't have a theme park without a theme. Why DisCo chooses to ignore this most basic element of their own business model is beyond my comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom