Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

That would actually be cool. "Welcome, insolent surface dwellers! Though you do not deserve to bask in the glory of Atlantis, I nevertheless invite you land-bound simpletons to witness the majesty of the ocean depths!"
Then a mountain of "may I talk to the manager" soccermoms, will sue Disney for being "too rude" and "insensitive". Causing "irreparable damage" to their "precious princesses".. Demanding a few millions in "reparations" as well as changing the theme to something else.

Matt_Black

Well, they do take forever. And they are playing the incorrect version of the Soarin music. Which part of that is false?

Do you also enjoy when they mention 7 lands at the MK Welcome Show? It's been 5 years.

Wait, Main Street, Adventure Land, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Storybook Circus. That's seven.

ToTBellHop

Wait, Main Street, Adventure Land, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Storybook Circus. That's seven.
Storybook Circus is not a land. It's part of Fantasyland. FLE added two districts to Fantasyland--Storybook Circus and Fantasyland Forest.
image.jpeg

6 lands. Compare to 2010, when there were 7:
image.jpeg

doctornick

Well, they do take forever. And they are playing the incorrect version of the Soarin music. Which part of that is false?

Why would it be "incorrect"? I don't really understand that comment. It's perfectly reasonable to play the old Soarin' music outside of the ride. If they were playing the old music during the ride, then it would be "incorrect".

I actually think it's cool if they kept old stuff in the background music loops.

Storybook Circus is not a land. It's part of Fantasyland. FLE added two districts to Fantasyland--Storybook Circus and Fantasyland Forest.

You are, of course, correct here, but I would argue that Storybook Circus should be a different land from the rest of Fantasyland.

ToTBellHop

Why would it be "incorrect"? I don't really understand that comment. It's perfectly reasonable to play the old Soarin' music outside of the ride. If they were playing the old music during the ride, then it would be "incorrect".

I actually think it's cool if they kept old stuff in the background music loops.

You are, of course, correct here, but I would argue that Storybook Circus should be a different land from the rest of Fantasyland.
As envisioned, park entrances are meant to alert guests of "coming attractions" like the previews before a movie. Soarin Over California's music is a head-scratcher for me. It's not a classic and not really old enough to trigger much nostalgia (contrast that to the 1982 entrance loop that now plays at park open, which is quite fun). They should use the current score. I am confident that the choice to keep the 2001 Soarin score is not deliberate, but rather a "why bother..." moment.

Of course, I also think it's strange that 17 years later, they still play Tapestry of Nations after IllumiNations. Salt in the wound, perhaps.

NearTheEars

As envisioned, park entrances are meant to alert guests of "coming attractions" like the previews before a movie. Soarin Over California's music is a head-scratcher for me. It's not a classic and not really old enough to trigger much nostalgia (contrast that to the 1982 entrance loop that now plays at park open, which is quite fun). They should use the current score. I am confident that the choice to keep the 2001 Soarin score is not deliberate, but rather a "why bother..." moment.

Of course, I also think it's strange that 17 years later, they still play Tapestry of Nations after IllumiNations. Salt in the wound, perhaps.

I'd be interested in the results of a survey of guests leaving the park that could identify the musical scores.

NearTheEars

I'm sure it would be unsurprisingly low. Heck, I bet a majority of the CMs couldn't even name "Tapestry of Nations" which I find pretty sad tbh. I just don't understand how you can work at park and not know the history behind the music that's playing. I'm being super extra about this, naturally, but it just annoys me.

I mean I love the little details in a background loop, but I'd predict that 99.9% of guests wouldn't walk off Soarin over the World confused because the music was different at the park entrance.

Goofyernmost

I mean I love the little details in a background loop, but I'd predict that 99.9% of guests wouldn't walk off Soarin over the World confused because the music was different at the park entrance.
It's not even an issue anyway. All over the parks music that was from old attractions like Horizon and WoM, etc. are played in the loop. No one expects that to show up in any current attraction proper. I suspect you hear "Now is the best time" from CoP quite often in MK. Tomorrows child is quite often heard as well. So, I guess the point is that the idea that the old Soarin song, which btw is so similar to the new one that it isn't even funny, has no point of concern at all.

FigmentForver96

Now that I think is much more noticeable.
Is it though? I mean we are talking about a company that is removing the night parade at the most visited park in the world with no plan for a replacement im the near future. They will crank out Rivers of Light, blow up social media about it, and all the mommy bloggers and little Disney fans will drool and go gaga over it and completely forget the even stopped doing night parades at Magic Kingdom. If the last six years have proven anything it has shown that Disney can do just about anything and the average person won't notice or care for that matter and since they won't notice or care then they can continue to remove the little things or neglectl things because hey who is gonna care anyway! Background music playing at the entrance of the park is no biggie for me. I like the old soundtrack and the new one is also nice. I personally agree and think they should play the new one since that's what guest will experince in the park but hey no biggie.

NearTheEars

Is it though? I mean we are talking about a company that is removing the night parade at the most visited park in the world with no plan for a replacement im the near future. They will crank out Rivers of Light, blow up social media about it, and all the mommy bloggers and little Disney fans will drool and go gaga over it and completely forget the even stopped doing night parades at Magic Kingdom. If the last six years have proven anything it has shown that Disney can do just about anything and the average person won't notice or care for that matter and since they won't notice or care then they can continue to remove the little things or neglectl things because hey who is gonna care anyway! Background music playing at the entrance of the park is no biggie for me. I like the old soundtrack and the new one is also nice. I personally agree and think they should play the new one since that's what guest will experince in the park but hey no biggie.

Once MSEP closes fewer people will notice the burned out MSUSA lights since they won't be sitting on the curb an hour early waiting with nothing to do but look around.

DinoInstitute

Or maybe they're just playing them because they're, ya know, good pieces of music?

FigmentForver96

Or maybe they're just playing them because they're, ya know, good pieces of music?
I know some Mozart that would be considered just fantastic and I bet the perfect place would be Animal Kingdom since, you know, you only need good music anyway.

I do get your point by the way but I think the point still stands that the music should be a representation of what we can find in the park. Some classic songs from the old days are great but at least play the old and new version like they do with energy. In the case of Sorian, they can just play the current and new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom