Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

You watch yourself, or I'll post more terrible Rob Liefeld art!
PbF2iek.gif

aww heeeeeeeeeeeeeell naaaao!

Cesar R M

In a nutshell....

THE STORY SO FAR

The plans are:
Guardians of the Galaxy inspired ride coming to Universe of Energy
More eating options in Futureworld
Mission Space overhaul
Innoventions mostly gutted and repurposed. New interior layouts. Possible expansion here and there.
New landscaping, place making and "feel" to Futureworld central spine - the area from the entrance, around Spaceship Earth, through the fountain area and out towards showcase.
Proposals for The Land and Imagination, with nothing confirmed nor budgeted for as of yet.
Proposals for additions and updates at various places around Showcase.
Proposed new night time lagoon show in 2-3 years time.

Disclaimer: Don't shoot the messenger if any of the above fails to happen.
About the Mission Space, are they going to theme with an IP? or they are just changing the overall thing like they did with test track?
as for changes around space ship earth.. are they finally removing the tombstones?

Last I heard there's indecision between a radical upgrade or a completely new show.
illuminations as been with us... how long now? 20+ years?

Mike S

We all know that WDW has been gifted the appropriate Seas redo if they want IP overlay... we also know that given Seas is likely in a long line behind The Land, Imagination, Energy, and M:S so by the time they get to Seas, opportunity lost.
The Marine Life Institute with a more informative dark ride wouldn't really be that bad. Much better than GotG anyway. But you're right, they would probably wait too long and miss their shot.
Guardians points to the future of FW. Just as Frozen points the way for the direction of WS.

Also, as I pointed out years ago, the scale of Illuminations is off and I expect a major new show which showcases more Disney magic and less 1990's kitsch.

Now that will be $200. No personal checks please.
If you get that $200 will you leave and never return? I might start a Kickstarter so we can all chip in.

How much for Phil I wonder...
well, the land ride is pretty much limping badly..
last time I was there, hardly any animatronic/movement thing worked.
Tell me about it. It's been that way for years :facepalm:

TeriofTerror

Guardians points to the future of FW. Just as Frozen points the way for the direction of WS.

Also, as I pointed out years ago, the scale of Illuminations is off and I expect a major new show which showcases more Disney magic and less 1990's kitsch.

OMG; you truly can't help yourself, can you?
Honey, sweetie, just stop. I'm trying to be helpful, not mean; I swear.

jt04

The Marine Life Institute with a more informative dark ride wouldn't really be that bad. Much better than GotG anyway. But you're right, they would probably wait too long and miss their shot.

If you get that $200 will you leave and never return? I might start a Kickstarter so we can all chip in.

How much for Phil I wonder...

Tell me about it. It's been that way for years :facepalm:

Definitely.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

You have a future in WDW management.

P.S. That is not a compliment. ;)

Daveeeeed

I wonder if they would put a restaraunt between Mission: Space & Test Track, so there's more to do in Future World East than just 3 rides.

dm11

Who rides Living With The Land for the animatronics? The main draw is the ride through the green house.
I would not say 'no' to a refurb/update but I really do not see this as a big priority. There are so many other things in Epcot before getting to this. Even as it is I feel like The Land is still a very nice attraction.

seabreezept813

In a nutshell....

THE STORY SO FAR

The plans are:
Mission Space overhaul
Innoventions mostly gutted and repurposed. New interior layouts. Possible expansion here and there.
New landscaping, place making and "feel" to Futureworld central spine - the area from the entrance, around Spaceship Earth, through the fountain area and out towards showcase.
Proposals for The Land and Imagination, with nothing confirmed nor budgeted for as of yet.

I am not sure if you've addressed this, but are the very iffy not approved plans for the land specific to certain parts of that building or would they encompass the whole pavilion? Pretty much I want to know if Living with the Land and the Garden Grille would be safe? Thank you for all of your wonderful information and insight!

DinoInstitute

No, but the sad thing for me is that with this, they will have converted each of the three original Future World East pavilions into thrill rides. We had three long rides which managed to teach everyone in an entertaining way and they will have been replaced by three thrill rides that largely have no educational value. At least the first Test Track was ostensibly an auto-testing facility that tried to teach us something. The current one has fun visuals at points but I can't make sense out of what is actually supposed to be happening.
While Test Track may not fall under our beloved edutainment category of attractions, I think that's ok. Test Track, especially the new version, fits very well with Epcot- it inspires people in cool and fun ways without them realizing it's happening. It doesn't matter that you aren't "learning", it's still part of the great idea of introducing a topic, making it fun, and inspiring learning more and discovering about (in this case) cars and transportation for when they get home.

Aha.

I observed earlier proposals for this showed a secondary attraction within the current building. Later revisions omit this for more queue space for a single attraction.
This is just my opinion, but good. GotG does not need two attractions.

In a nutshell....

THE STORY SO FAR

The plans are:
Mission Space overhaul

Does Land proposals mean another pavilion overhaul? If so then I find that odd. I could see them wanting to update LwtL and CoL, just because they are showing their age quite a bit, but on the whole I think The Land is by far the best pavilion in the park and doesn't need that much work.

At the very least, I'm surprised The Land would be higher on the priority list than The Seas. And dear god I hope it's not above Imagination.

Tavernacle12

Updating Land feels weird to me too, unless it's just a new Circle of Life replacement. Soarin is one of the most popular rides in the resort, and while Living With The Land obviously isn't doing what it could be, I'd imagine it'd be really far down on a list of projects. The money that'd go to redoing LWTL would be far better used to upgrade Nemo into something great (and I assume it has more potential capacity than LWTL too). Land feels like the healthiest pavilion right now.

clemmo

Please let that imagination update get a large budget and a good concept! The land can stay as is except circle of life. A new country pavilion and some rides+updated shows would be great in WS and do wonders for spreading the crowd out there and not just Norway on north to SSE. I'm assuming WOL building is still that phase II GOTG if needed. I really think they will announce a lot of this at D23 especially if Uni is set to announce big plans of their own in the form of nintendo. I guess my biggest question for those in the know is are you impressed by what is proposed to be coming?

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Please let that imagination update get a large budget and a good concept! The land can stay as is except circle of life. A new country pavilion and some rides+updated shows would be great in WS and do wonders for spreading the crowd out there and not just Norway on north to SSE. I'm assuming WOL building is still that phase II GOTG if needed. I really think they will announce a lot of this at D23 especially if Uni is set to announce big plans of their own in the form of nintendo. I guess my biggest question for those in the know is are you impressed by what is proposed to be coming?

I think a major upgrade/restoration of Imagination could be FW's salvation. I've said this before - I really think that Dreamfinder and Figment would give the area an identity, something it sorely lacks right now. At present, it's just a hodge-podge of dated "futuristic" attractions and that lame Nemo ride. Spaceship Earth is still awesome though. Still, the park needs an element of personality and accessibility, and I think Dreamfinder and Figment could provide that. Better them than a trigger-happy talking raccoon. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom