Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Yes I understand the building shell may survive. The ride system and everything else though will be gone.

Lots of discussion about the GOTG theme so not going there. But there is only so much you can do with a moving theatre. Movie-dinosaurs-movie-movie. That's it. Whether original Exxon or now Ellen it was just swapping out what was on the screens.

Crazydisneyfanluke

When was Siemens, Kodak or HP a major part of a night time show or parade?
Do you see the Siemens logo blasted all over the sky and advertised during the show? I responded to his post in regards to him saying there are similarities between corporate sponsorships being splatterd all over the show the way the IP ads are.
53948a9622c9c1808f52e8b48a0d70ee.jpg

@23:18

montyz81

I hate this ride already. I am sure it will be a technical marvel (See what I did there), it will attract millions and it will be pure Disney, but it will further ruin what has been my favorite park since March 1983. My guess is that all rides in FW will get a makeover with SSE hopefully remaining as a nostalgic remembrance of the original Epcot Center. I'm so annoyed!

clemmo

• it will be 2025 by the time they get the GOTG ride up. Uni will have created 10 more rides in that time span.
Wdw will have 8 by 2021... Uni however does have a lot coming up as well I'd just say it's more even. However that isn't counting the new rumored park as somehow I don't think that opens til 2021 earliest

Last edited:

Notes from Neverland

Very interesting to hear about the balloons. Though I personally agree that the vision and future of Epcot could be very different - for better or worse - I'm thrilled they're doing something. The Ellen ride (nostalgia feelings aside) is a joke, embarrassing and an excuse for people to nap. That's not exactly an attractive selling point to a new visitor.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Makes you wonder why they need height balloons for an existing building then unless they're adding tall outdoor structures.

In reference to the Energy building and being used... Martin said "think outside the box." My immediate thought was that they would use the building and also build outside of the original building (outside the box). I am surprised that nobody else thought this,

djkidkaz

So this new attraction is going to only take up Ellen or is Wonders being demolished also?

If they are doing height balloons I would imagine we are pretty far along in the process. How long was it from the first avatar height balloons until ground breaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom