News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

KikoKea

Just a thought that's been popping around in my head-
So, the new Guardians ride is based on Quill visiting Epcot as a child? Wouldn't it be ironic if that visit to early Epcot was Quill's inspiration....and the ride commemorating it is located in what is now a poor, pale version of Epcot's former glory? Even more if Disney puts clips or items from old Communicore in the show. :confused:

lazyboy97o

Just a thought that's been popping around in my head-
So, the new Guardians ride is based on Quill visiting Epcot as a child? Wouldn't it be ironic if that visit to early Epcot was Quill's inspiration....and the ride commemorating it is located in what is now a poor, pale version of Epcot's former glory? Even more if Disney puts clips or items from old Communicore in the show. :confused:
I’m sure Star Lord will tell us how Epcot is more timeless, Disney and Epcoty than EPCOT Center ever was.

sedati

Surfin' Tuna

That golden dome is the WoL pavilion. While the whole BBB is technically backstage, those gutters face the center of Future World.
You are correct (It's like talking to my wife). It's just I didn't remember that wall being all that visible from FW, but it must be. At least when walking toward WoL

rle4lunch

You can even see the building from World Showcase

View attachment 387259

Which is worse? The blended blue box or the concrete/steel pseudo colosseum in front of it? I would venture to say both are eye sores, but at least when we were there in May the BBB blended well from most vantage points. You had to actively search it out on the landscape. I have a picture in the same spot as this (unzoomed mind you) and you really have to squint to see the BBB. The color they chose for that monstrosity actually works (on the 300+ sunny FL days/year).

Surfin' Tuna

Eventually we will all accept it and quit complaining about it, since it is a good color. That being said, they should have put it in DHS versus Epcot and none of this would have mattered. It's just all these knee jerk reactions and quick, thoughtless decisions that are so annoying. Two new coasters are great, and I will, of course, ride them. I just wish they had put Tron in Epcot and Guardians in DHS. Then let me buy park specific items in Centorium instead of the same plastic junk in every store in every park.

FigmentFan82

So as far as I know, one of the bigger pieces of info that seems to be floating around in regards to details of this ride is that the initial launch will be backwards, and then obv will pivot throughout with it's rotating seat design. Have there been any other good bits of leaked info recently? I'm very curious if D23 will showcase more art and possibly images of what we might see in the cue/actual ride. I'm hoping that since GotG is WDW's really first and one of probably very few Marvel IPs that WDW can actually implement, that they'll do right by it since they can't hang their hat on Iron Man or Captain America for the foreseeable future. And since there doesn't seem to be any scuttlebutt on additional Marvel IP attractions in WDW at the moment, GotG seems to stand as their one instance to showcase Marvel. Fingers crossed it impresses greatly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom